Things you do to SAVE Battery Life?

butch350

Reaction score
(This also may help others out there new to the Droid)

When I listen to mp3s or watch a Movie...I shut down my Gmail sync and stop GPS.
In this mode it hardly drains my battery. I only check my email twice a day anyway so I'm not much of an email person - however this procedure might not work for some but, It does save the battery.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to have HORRIBLE battery life. Did good to get 7-8 hours out of one charge.

BUT

Ironically, since I overclocked my Droid, my battery life has improved drastically :) Just because SetCPU allows me to *under*clock my phone when I don't need it blazing through web pages!! And underclocked when the screen is off has improved the battery life significantly

Riley

Reaction score
I keep my screen on the lowest brightness setting unless I need it brighter, I keep my wifi off unless I am actively using it. I run a task list every once in a while to see what's running. Most of the time it's normal stuff. But then this AM I saw that ShopSavy barcode scanner app and some other app were running in the background and using a lot of the %, I have no idea why, but I killed them. My GPS and Sync are on anytime my phone is on because I like them to be doing their thing. At any given time I have about 16 tasks running and with normally daily use I have to charge my phone every 24 hours and thats' with about 35% battery left.

mjs31

Reaction score
Brightness widget. I keep it at 25% but have option to jump to 50,75 or 100 if needed.
Screebl allows me to keep auto dim at 15 seconds
Overclocking...I agree with other poster. I get better battery life. I only run at 800mhz, but I also have it set to drop way down when in standby.
Make sure I hit the top button to turn off screen when done using.

On a side note, I leave bluetooth on all the time since I use my headset quite often. Use a bit of wifi and browse quite a bit. This is all with texting and regular calls. With this setup, my battery left widget has me at 12 hours 30 minutes. If I keep bluetooth off I am looking at 15 hours. A quick charge of just a few minutes will greatly jump you back up.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I use WIFI all the time at home and office, and also press the power button everytime I set the phone down to turn the screen off. I don't just let the screen time out.

Detonation

Reaction score
GPS, Wifi, and Bluetooth are always off unless I need them. Whenever I'm done with my phone I turn off the screen/lock it rather than let it time out itself. I keep the brightness pretty low as well.

I usually get at least 48 hours of charge with daily calling/texting and moderate browsing/app use.

ipawd1

Reaction score
-Limit myself to only four widgets.
-Use the News & Weather shortcut instead of the widget (always fetching)
Brightness down.
-Extended Battery
-Use Advanced Task Manager to kill off every 3 hours.
-Keep screens clean. Widgets/apps. I've been training myself to use the menu button. I have a folder and a shortcut on my screen.
-Ditched Beautiful Widgets & Live wallpapers. No need for the retail space taken up from either

pbdroid

Reaction score
What's a battery? :icon_ banana:

I keep a charger at my work desk, in the car, and at home ... if I can, I keep it on the juice as much as possible.

I'm planning on picking up a spare or two though, for when I do need extra life. Are there battery chargers separate from the phone to charge spares up?

justicw

Reaction score
I use an app called Timeriffic and it has saved my battery life a BUNCH. It alows me to set a time for things like wireless and GPS so that these things don't turn on when I know I won't be using them (like at work no wireless anyway). I also underclock my phone when its idle or below 50% battery this also helps a bunch.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download and use Screebl. It turns off your screen after 15 seconds when you put it down. It keeps the screen on when you're using it.

toddegreene

Reaction score
What's a battery? :icon_ banana:

I keep a charger at my work desk, in the car, and at home ... if I can, I keep it on the juice as much as possible.

I'm planning on picking up a spare or two though, for when I do need extra life. Are there battery chargers separate from the phone to charge spares up?

+1 for pbdroid, but I have you beat. 2 at home (living room and bedroom), office and car. I also have a spare battery, but haven't needed it yet. If you get spares, remember to rotate them.