Themes?

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I just installed this, AWESOME btw!! Can't believe I waited this long to try it) I went to change the themes but for whatever reason the phone goes dark and brings me to that (all green letters - only controllable by the volume keys/camera button theme" and when I select "reboot" it just reboots doesnt activate the theme?? Any assistance would be great!! Thanks!!!

sugarnova

Reaction score
You have to go to "install zip from sd card" and go to the theme file from there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

msuperbauer

Reaction score
ok, so do I need to down load the file to my desktop and drag to my (connected droid x) first? Or is it already there and part of the ROM?

kilahimm

Reaction score
If you downloaded the theme from the liberty toolbox already then it should be on your sdcard in the liberty/downloads folder i think. If you didnt download the theme on your phone or through the toolbox, copy the theme from your computer to a folder on your sdcard. In either case go to liberty toolbox, choose reboot options and select "reboot bootstrap". It can't hurt to make a backup at this point if you havent already done so. Lastly from the clockworkmod recovery (the bootstrap menu) go to install zip from sd card and select the zip file for the theme you want.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Make sure to mount /system under Mounts and Storage when installing ANYTHING via recovery, just to be safe (after mounting /system, tap the power button to get back to the main menu). I'll elaborate later. Had a big long response here and my gimp thumb decided to take a break on the back button. :/

Sent from 1885

OP
M

msuperbauer

Reaction score
Oe more quick question. When I switch from theme to theme do i need to wipe data or don that wipe cache partition thing Or can i just install zip from sd card? Thanks!

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your best bet when theme swapping is to start from a fresh ROM install. That said, what theme are you going from/to? And what ROM are you running? The only problem with going directly from one to another is you may have leftovers from the previous ROM, like a themed Facebook or something if your New theme doesn't have one, or you may run into issues with the Market not working properly. If you hit that Market speedbump, give the link in my sig a try.