Themes For ApeX 1.4.x (2/21/11)

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
I just flashed to apexv1.0.2.2 im trying to install the revo theme for apex v1.0 but its not working is there something im doing wrong? i just downloaded it then bootstrap but it doesn't finish the installation and just reboots

You will want to use the Revo download on the first page of this thread.

skarlson

Reaction score
Hey Fab,

Any chance you are going to be theming more apps for the GB theme? That is by far my favorite, for instance phone.apk so the dialer and call sliders are consistent with the rest of the os.

foxky

Reaction score
Now that I've used the GB theme for a bit the icons in the status bar seem a little too far apart. Can you fix that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Installed Nexolution and my phone keeps booting into clockwork.. restored the backup I made before that and it's still booting into clockwork.. I guess I'm going to have to play with it after I finish this paper to get it to boot correctly.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Got it.. had to restore my Nex Theme backup and then uninstall the bootstapper and reboot and reinstall.

WTFFF if i bootstrap recovery and reboot into recovery and then reboot then the phone goes back into clock work.. this is seriously so annoying ugh

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Perhaps I was rebooting too quickly, I managed to reboot correctly 2 times in a row and that was after waiting a few minutes after the phone properly booted up.. perhaps undoing the lockscreen and rebooting simulates a battery pull? or whatever clockwork is designed to boot up after?

o well hopefuly my next few reboots work fine and the phone is good ive never sbf'd before and im quite nervous to try

edit: okay allowing the phone to start up for a bit after rebooting and ive got it too correctly work 5 times now so im guessing that was the issue.. sorry for all the posts guys been a little stressed lately and dont need a malfunctioning phone on top of thatt.

Last edited:

droidxchat

Reaction score
Perhaps I was rebooting too quickly, I managed to reboot correctly 2 times in a row and that was after waiting a few minutes after the phone properly booted up.. perhaps undoing the lockscreen and rebooting simulates a battery pull? or whatever clockwork is designed to boot up after?

o well hopefuly my next few reboots work fine and the phone is good ive never sbf'd before and im quite nervous to try

edit: okay allowing the phone to start up for a bit after rebooting and ive got it too correctly work 5 times now so im guessing that was the issue.. sorry for all the posts guys been a little stressed lately and dont need a malfunctioning phone on top of thatt.

you can still use nexolution, sounds like you're problem was caused by a faulty bootstrap install and when you reinstalled it it fixed

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
@ Droidxchat

Do you have any way to incorporate the black menu bar in Nexolution?

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
@ Droidxchat

Start listing out everything you guys want and i'll have custom versions uploaded later tonight.

If it's possible, I'm looking for Nexolution with: black menu bar and Apex Nexolution in the lockscreen with info centered.

droidxchat

Reaction score
@ Droidxchat

Start listing out everything you guys want and i'll have custom versions uploaded later tonight.

If it's possible, I'm looking for Nexolution with: black menu bar and Apex Nexolution in the lockscreen with info centered.

check back at around 8PM EST, im busy upgrading to the new apex and then i have a meeting but it should be done by then

DroiX

Reaction score
Total Newb

I've had my Droid X less than two weeks, I'm a total newb, so I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I had a lot of the bugs with 2.2, so I got the 2.2.1 OTA update. From what I can tell, Apex is the best most solid rom out and one of the few that will already work with 2.2.1.

I've decided I'm going to flash to this rom, and I ran across this thread, so I thought I'd ask a question I haven't been able to find answered anywhere else.

One of my favorite features of the Droid X is the flashing notification bar when I'm on a call. Is it possible to make the notification bar flash anytime I get an email or text message in one of these themes, like it does when I'm on a call?

DroiX

Reaction score
Are you talking about the notification led?

No. If you are on a call and set the phone down the notification bar on stock will flash green. If you open the notification bar you can even end the call from in there.

If at all possible (and it may not be), I'd like to find a rom or a theme that will flash the notification bar when I get a text message or an email (or other notification). This flashing notification bar would be in addition to the blinking LED when I get a notification. I posted in this thread because I've pretty much decided on Apex (seems like the best choice) and I figured I'd ask if this was possible as it seemed everyone else was making suggestions for a future release. :)

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm new so I may not be using the right words.

It would also be cool if the notification sound would be played again 5 or 10 minutes after it plays the first time. I have a hard time hearing so playing the sound again helps.

Last edited: