Themes For ApeX 1.4.x (2/21/11)

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Fabolous, Dec 3, 2010.

1. DroiX

DroiX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Total Newb

I've had my Droid X less than two weeks, I'm a total newb, so I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I had a lot of the bugs with 2.2, so I got the 2.2.1 OTA update. From what I can tell, Apex is the best most solid rom out and one of the few that will already work with 2.2.1.

I've decided I'm going to flash to this rom, and I ran across this thread, so I thought I'd ask a question I haven't been able to find answered anywhere else.

One of my favorite features of the Droid X is the flashing notification bar when I'm on a call. Is it possible to make the notification bar flash anytime I get an email or text message in one of these themes, like it does when I'm on a call?

2. Steady Hawkin

Steady Hawkin Fueling The Revolution
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you talking about the notification led?

3. DroiX

DroiX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No. If you are on a call and set the phone down the notification bar on stock will flash green. If you open the notification bar you can even end the call from in there.

If at all possible (and it may not be), I'd like to find a rom or a theme that will flash the notification bar when I get a text message or an email (or other notification). This flashing notification bar would be in addition to the blinking LED when I get a notification. I posted in this thread because I've pretty much decided on Apex (seems like the best choice) and I figured I'd ask if this was possible as it seemed everyone else was making suggestions for a future release. :)

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm new so I may not be using the right words.

It would also be cool if the notification sound would be played again 5 or 10 minutes after it plays the first time. I have a hard time hearing so playing the sound again helps.

#75 DroiX, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  4. droidxchat

droidxchat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @Fab, can you just confirm that you're positive that there's no operational framework differences in .34 that would could be writing over if we flash a theme on top? Should I take some time and go through it to compare or are you certain?

@Steadhawkin, you said you want lockscreen "centered", right?

5. Steady Hawkin

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I know what your talking about. The notification bar in 2.3 does not flash green, you can however always access the the dialer while in a call via the pull down. To answer your question about the delayed missed call notification, I'm pretty sure there is an app in the market (although I'm not sure which one) that will do that. I typically just look for the green flashing light.

As a follow up from your earlier comment, IMO Apex is indeed the most rock solid rom thats avail. However a HUGE part of it being so good is the fact that it has the best support. I know you will love it, its called APEX for a reason!

6. Steady Hawkin

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    If you could that would be sick!

7. droidxchat

droidxchat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Steady Hawkin, your build is ready. If anyone else wants to theme their current apex without losing the new black menu buttons, this could be the theme for you!

Nexolution Version 1.3.1

This package contains:
    -Nexolution, ported onto a fresh .34 apex framework (probably unnecessary, but I like to be thorough)
    -Lockscreen left unchanged (centered)
    -Menu will remain black (this is a modification, since the theme would have changed it back to white)
    -Banner changed to Apex Nexolution
    -Gmail removed. Not because of FC issues (although that is one reason) but because the themed version is now outdated since Gmail was updated.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11695745/DroidXChat_Nexolution_1_3_1.zip

I use a customized theme that I built, so I never really test these. As usual, please make a nandroid backup before flashing this, since you're the first one to try it out.

Do you like Nexolution? Consider donating to the guy who actually made it possible! http://fabdroid.com/beer-fund/

#79 droidxchat, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  8. Droidee

Droidee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this for the d2 as well? I would love to try it.

9. Steady Hawkin

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    @ Droidxchat

Thanks allot bro! It works perfect and looks super sick. Just having that black menu bars back makes a big difference. Thanks for taking the time to put that together for me I really appreciate it.

10. shanehillsr

shanehillsr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What happened to the nexolution theme link(for leak)? I was really diggin the idea and was about to flash but link is not working.

11. shanehillsr

shanehillsr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ignore the sig havent updated it since I got my X.

12. droidxchat

droidxchat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I removed the link because that version is now outdated. I released a new version of Nexolution on the previous page, it's to be used with Apex 1.3.1. Enjoy!

Also, as of a minute ago, Nexolution is updated to install the latest Market.

#84 droidxchat, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
Search tags for this page
apex android
apex android themes

apex rom themes

apex theme
apex themes android
apex themes download
apex themes for droid
apex themes full rar
themes android 2.3