Theme help requested

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
Hello, So im new at this phone and am looking for a little help to get some stuff accomplished so im turning to the experts. I have a Samsung Fascinate that was just updated with the latest version of 2.2.1 released directly from Verizon Wireless via their OTA update. I love the OS i just want to be able to customize it a bit more and found a few themes i would like to download to it. It is not rooted or anything so im just looking for some direction as to what to do. I found some themes from this site and would like to load them to the phone if that's possible?

Thank you

cpark_12

Reaction score
You have to be rooted to flash an actual theme. The only way you can do it now is to get a launcher from the market, like launcher pro, adw ex, and get themes for them. But even that won't theme the status bar, just icons, animations, and wall paper

Swyped via Tapatalk

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
I have launcher pro and its it just changes the way the icons line up and nothing with the color or anything like that. So is it possible to root the device with my current version of 2.2.1?

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
Ok so not sure what happened here but i completed the steps you said above and all was going good. Tried to load a theme to the device and when it boots up it gets stuck at the samsung loading screen. Ive done a hard reset and gone back and redid the steps above and same problem....Where do i go from here?

cpark_12

Reaction score
Did you wipe cache and dalvik before you flashed the theme? If so, it'll take about a good 5-7 minutes or so to boot up.

Also, you have to make sure the theme is compatible with the rom you're running

Swyped via Tapatalk

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
So if for some reason its not compatible and im still getting only the samsung screen than it disapears and comes back every 45 seconds. Is their a way to go back so the phone will fully boot

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
TW671_Blue_Midnight_V1.6_EC05

Im not too worried about the theme so much just mainly looking to see about how to get the phone to boot back up to be used and than ill search out for a different theme that may work better

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
Ive got su-2.3.6.1.x which was in the previous link you sent me, should i be using a different one?

cpark_12

Reaction score
That's just the super user package...you're ginna have to wipe data to get it back up and running...

Pull the battery, then put it back in.
Hold the power button and both volume buttons until you see the samsung logo.
You'll be in recovery. If it's blue, apply update. If it's red, you're good.
Go down to wipe data, hit the power button, and select yes. Then go down to wipe cache. Then reboot and you should be back to stock rom and all...
Swyped via Tapatalk