The Wi-Fi setting

InfiniteLoop

Reaction score
I don't understand what the Wi-Fi setting is needed for. I can access the Internet with or without it enabled. What is the purpose of enabling it?

Thanks

backlash

Reaction score
Wifi is faster?

Or say for example, you work has free secure wi fi..............and 3G coverage is spotty in your work area.

OP
InfiniteLoop

InfiniteLoop

Reaction score
Wifi is faster?

Or say for example, you work has free secure wi fi..............and 3G coverage is spotty in your work area.

If you enable Wi-Fi, then will it always be used instead of 3G if it's available? How can you tell which is in use?

Thanks

backlash

Reaction score
Wifi is faster?

If you enable Wi-Fi, then will it always be used instead of 3G if it's available? How can you tell which is in use?

Thanks
If Wi-Fi is connected, the 3G icon will go away in the status bar and will be replaced by a different icon. I think it's the same icon that's in the stock power control widget.

OP
InfiniteLoop

InfiniteLoop

Reaction score
Wifi is faster?

Thanks
If Wi-Fi is connected, the 3G icon will go away in the status bar and will be replaced by a different icon. I think it's the same icon that's in the stock power control widget.

I see. thanks for the info.

Reaction score
also somethings require wifi like sending larger files or tv.com shows stream some stuff in wifi only