The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0 - Droid Only

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
Yes, I use quickdesk, and no I'm not having force closes. Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting, run fix permissions, reboot, clear market cache, reboot, then reinstall or some variant of that process? If not, it may be an issue where the lack of a wipe is causing problems, but to be sure, you might want to do an over the top re-installation of this ROM first, as that seems to have helped some, me included.

Thanks I tried uninstalling it and installing it again, fix permissions, clear market cache, and rebooting, but it still won't work. I'm gonna try doing an over the top re-installation of the rom, but I just have one question. Should I wipe first or no?

Installing over the top is a step prior to having to wipe first to avoid having to reinstall all of your applications. This just helps to get any files that might be corrupt or missing back where they belong which might fix any lingering issues. A wipe-reinstall gives you the best chance to avoid issues, but makes you have to use TB and the market reinstall to get everything back, which is why I was saying to just do a reinstall without wiping first.

You might just avoid all this and install the new 2.3.0 version that was released yesterday...maybe that will fix that issue for you!

Thanks! I didn't know a new version just came out. I'll try 2.3 and hopefully my problem will go away!

edit: I downloaded 2.3 to my phone and quickdesk still won't work...anything else I can do?

Last edited:

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Thanks I tried uninstalling it and installing it again, fix permissions, clear market cache, and rebooting, but it still won't work. I'm gonna try doing an over the top re-installation of the rom, but I just have one question. Should I wipe first or no?

Installing over the top is a step prior to having to wipe first to avoid having to reinstall all of your applications. This just helps to get any files that might be corrupt or missing back where they belong which might fix any lingering issues. A wipe-reinstall gives you the best chance to avoid issues, but makes you have to use TB and the market reinstall to get everything back, which is why I was saying to just do a reinstall without wiping first.

You might just avoid all this and install the new 2.3.0 version that was released yesterday...maybe that will fix that issue for you!

Thanks! I didn't know a new version just came out. I'll try 2.3 and hopefully my problem will go away!

edit: I downloaded 2.3 to my phone and quickdesk still won't work...anything else I can do?

You already verified that it is not installed to your SD Card, correct? I can't remember if we already tried that.

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score

You already verified that it is not installed to your SD Card, correct? I can't remember if we already tried that.

No, it is not installed on my SD card.

JDLUKE

Reaction score
On incoming calls, the accept call tab is not positioned right. Is anyone else having this problem?

mdgmcse

Reaction score

It sounds like you might need to do a wipe/reinstall then.

Girluvsdroid did a great walkthrough that I use to simplify the process. I copied it here for you:

1. Go into your launcher settings and backup both the settings and desktop configuration (depending on which launcher you are using).

2. Get Titanium Backup if you don't already have it and go to Batch and use "Backup all user apps + system data."

3. Make sure you don't have any backup directories from other ROM app backups on your SD card (this does not include nandroid backups or those from Titanium Backup, My Backup Pro, and similar applications -- but some have reported that Astro backups cause issues, so you may need to delete those).

4. Do a nandroid backup of your current setup, then, using ClockworkMod Recovery, do a factory reset (wipe data and cache), then go into the partitions menu and do a wipe of boot, then of system.

5. Install the ROM zip file and wait until it reboots again after the first bootup (this could take a while -- be patient).

6. Sign in to Google and immediately open the Market, search for Titanium Backup (I call it TiBu) and restore it.

7. Make sure you have "Unknown sources" checked in System>Applications.

8. Open TiBu and go into Preferences and make sure you have "Force to same location" checked (this will then make sure your apps and data are restored to the device and SD card, as applicable, exactly as they were when you did your backup).

9. Go into Batch and and start with "Restore missing apps + all system data" -- but here's the important thing: press "Deselect all" and ONLY check the items in GREEN (this will restore all your call log, SMS/MMS, wifi and bluetooth connections, etc.). If you restore the stuff in red, you're restoring system data from prior ROMs, which could cause you all kinds of issues. We'll do apps and data in the next step.

10. After you've finished restoring the items in green, run "Restore missing apps with data" and go through the list and make sure you've got only the items you really want to restore checked.

11. After you've finished with that restore, reboot into recovery and wipe the cache partition, which in my experience helps jumpstart the market sync.

Now, there may be some apps that restored from the Market that don't have your data. If you run across one of those, just go into TiBu and go to filters, type the name of the app, and restore data only.

The only thing left is that you'll likely have to set up your widgets again (at least I do in Sweeter Home 2) or restore them using the backup you performed in step 1.

One other note: if you have Swype, I've found that TiBu restore doesn't work right. You'll want to reinstall the Swype installer, then Swype FIRST, before your TiBu restore, to avoid the memory issues that plague Swype installs.

Hope that helps, and sorry I couldn't figure out an easier fix for you!

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score

Girluvsdroid did a great walkthrough that I use to simplify the process. I copied it here for you:

1. Go into your launcher settings and backup both the settings and desktop configuration (depending on which launcher you are using).

2. Get Titanium Backup if you don't already have it and go to Batch and use "Backup all user apps + system data."

3. Make sure you don't have any backup directories from other ROM app backups on your SD card (this does not include nandroid backups or those from Titanium Backup, My Backup Pro, and similar applications -- but some have reported that Astro backups cause issues, so you may need to delete those).

4. Do a nandroid backup of your current setup, then, using ClockworkMod Recovery, do a factory reset (wipe data and cache), then go into the partitions menu and do a wipe of boot, then of system.

5. Install the ROM zip file and wait until it reboots again after the first bootup (this could take a while -- be patient).

6. Sign in to Google and immediately open the Market, search for Titanium Backup (I call it TiBu) and restore it.

8. Open TiBu and go into Preferences and make sure you have "Force to same location" checked (this will then make sure your apps and data are restored to the device and SD card, as applicable, exactly as they were when you did your backup).

9. Go into Batch and and start with "Restore missing apps + all system data" -- but here's the important thing: press "Deselect all" and ONLY check the items in GREEN (this will restore all your call log, SMS/MMS, wifi and bluetooth connections, etc.). If you restore the stuff in red, you're restoring system data from prior ROMs, which could cause you all kinds of issues. We'll do apps and data in the next step.

10. After you've finished restoring the items in green, run "Restore missing apps with data" and go through the list and make sure you've got only the items you really want to restore checked.

11. After you've finished with that restore, reboot into recovery and wipe the cache partition, which in my experience helps jumpstart the market sync.

Now, there may be some apps that restored from the Market that don't have your data. If you run across one of those, just go into TiBu and go to filters, type the name of the app, and restore data only.

The only thing left is that you'll likely have to set up your widgets again (at least I do in Sweeter Home 2) or restore them using the backup you performed in step 1.

One other note: if you have Swype, I've found that TiBu restore doesn't work right. You'll want to reinstall the Swype installer, then Swype FIRST, before your TiBu restore, to avoid the memory issues that plague Swype installs.

Thanks so much for your help by the way I really appreciate it! I was making things a lot more complicated than they need to be when backing up my apps/data. This made it a lot simpler for me. I'm gonna do this now and I'll keep you posted.

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score

Ok I finally found the time to re-install ud2.3 to my phone. I wiped before installing and everything and it's still not working! I guess I'll just forget about it it's not that important. Thanks so much for all your help I really appreciate you taking the time to help me!

bharrismac

Reaction score
anyone know why the wallpaper on my lockscreen suddenly changed to the default ud wallpaper and my regular wallpaper is what i actually set it to. if i set a live wallpaper, it will change on the lockscreen as well, but a regular wallpaper will use the ud one on the lockscreen. any help is appreciated.