The Samsung Galaxy S Plus Has Recieved A Very Functional Build Of Android Lollipop

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S-Plus1375703842843.jpeg

If your device has an unlocked bootloader, and can run a custom recovery, and has a decent development community then chances are you will be able to run the latest and greatest version of Android on your device for a long time to come. This is one of the huge up sides to Roms and the dev community. You can make a $200 device investment last you 4 years!

The Samsung Galaxy S Plus was released in 2011 with Android 2.3! The device has been going strong ever since its release with a pretty good size development community. It has received dual boot functionality as well as stable CM10 and CM11 builds. It now has a pretty stable build of Android 5.0 under its belt. This comes in the form of an unofficial build of Cyanogen Mod 12 from developer "Christopher83".

Functioning parts of this Rom include
-Audio
-Calls
-GPS
-Hardware Acceleration, Lights, Sensors, Orientation, Compass, Proximity
-Wifi
-Bluetooth
-USB mass storage
-Camera
-Voip video calls
-USB/Wifi tethering
-VSync
-USB OTG

This is super impressive coming from such an old device. Even some of the newer devices do not have Cm12 builds that are this functional and stable. Head to the link below for the download or just to give the developer a fist bump for a job well done!

via XDA

xanderjojo

Reaction score
How do I delete my Droid Forums account? Cant find how to do this anywhere?!!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well I'd like to see this come for several past phones but the one I'd find the greatest interest in seeing it run on is the OGD. I don't know if the hardware in the OGD can actually support it or not. I'm also waiting for the version being worked on now for the HTC Evo 3D.