The Reason for Samsung's Dominance: $11 Billion on Marketing & $10.6 Billion on R&D

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I like Samsung for TV's and monitors, appliances. At work Samsung and Sony get mentioned alot for TV's. For phones it might be Samsung or Galaxy, Apple or iPhone, Blackberry.. in no particular order. And not necessarily HTC but EVO.

I think there is a very large % of people over 40 (a not insignificant sized market) that would struggle to come up with Samsung as a cell phone manufacturer.

Reaction score
Re:

I'm not a big Samsung or HTC. Motorola needs to push more high end specs and newer software faster. Samsung would have good competition then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

The hardware isn't the problem. Samsung does the one thing no other manufacturer does. Advertise. You can build a phone with the best hardware specs for the next 50 years and it means nothing if no one knows about it.

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think there is a very large % of people over 40 (a not insignificant sized market) that would struggle to come up with Samsung as a cell phone manufacturer.

sure if they never had a cell phone at all or watched TV or entered the internet.... samsung always had a broad phone range.. I had a Samsung flip phone 10 years ago... they had budget ones and still do... prepaid... international... mid level... and especially high end... they've never been so in your face as today but they've always been around

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
sure if they never had a cell phone at all or watched TV or entered the internet.... samsung always had a broad phone range.. I had a Samsung flip phone 10 years ago... they had budget ones and still do... prepaid... international... mid level... and especially high end... they've never been so in your face as today but they've always been around

Now that you mention it, I guess I did have a Samsung flip phone at one point. But until the last few years I never would have thought of them as a cell maker (Apple, BB, Nokia, Moto) - I had an LG Chocolate and struggled to remember that also.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I guess I did have a Samsung flip phone at one point. But until the last few years I never would have thought of them as a cell maker (Apple, BB, Nokia, Moto) - I had an LG Chocolate and struggled to remember that also.

I had an lg voyager... since I never wanted to leave Verizon I wasn't impressed with any Samsung on Verizon until the s3 and now note 2... they really stepped it up

I would've got the s2 over the bionic any day if it was on Verizon.. now my only interests are note 2 and s4

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

soycoffee

Reaction score
Although I got a crappy build and terrible ATT service on a Samsung Captivate, I got excellent customer service from Samsung. ATT ignored my ten year record as a customer and could not solve the problems I had with the phone. Samsung customer service worked with me and found options. For that reason, I will try again with Samsung, but not with ATT.

Big Ry

Reaction score
As much as I love the features, screen, and responsiveness of Samsung devices, I'm pretty much fed up with their build quality. I couldn't care less about the plastic casing, but everything inside is garbage. The god awful TI processor in my gnex is simply a heat generator. My phone is so sluggish now, no matter what ROM or kernel I run. But even more annoying is the reception. It got terrible reception from the get go, like everyone else with a gnex. It's slowly degraded to the point that I almost never get 4g anymore. And I live in the heart of Baltimore city! And even the 3g barely works. It'll say I have 1-2 bars, but I can't connect to the internet to save my life. I've tried all available radios. I think if this rumor about an HTC one max on vzw turns out to be true, I'll probably move to that. The only thing I've disliked about HTC is their tiny batteries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2