"The process com.motorala.home. other has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
This is a Force Close window that has been popping up on the regular for about a few months. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. Has anyone seen this before and know what it means?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Are you rooted and have you frozen or (hopefully not) uninstalled any system apps? Freezing/removing certain ones can cause errors like this.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Are you rooted and have you frozen or (hopefully not) uninstalled any system apps? Freezing/removing certain ones can cause errors like this.
+1 That's the first place I would look.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
BiGG WiLL said:
This is a Force Close window that has been popping up on the regular for about a few months. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. Has anyone seen this before and know what it means?

This is how to fix this, but you'll have to setup your home screen again!! Your phone will be snapier after you do this too.

Go into settings, applications, manage applications, all, home screen. And clear data.

The first maxx I bought did this, and it was also.slow and had lag. I posted a lot about this for about a month. Then I got ticked and went searching through the apps... that's how I stumbled upon this. Hope it helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
^^ Ok I may give this a try.. I'ma take some screen shots so I can remember my home screen set up and back up stuff on Go Launcher

So what is the reason for this??

BTW I was rooted until the last update. I havent rooted back yet because all the benefits of rooting (instead of TB and safety strap) have stayed. So no need to at this point..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
BiGG WiLL said:
^^ Ok I may give this a try.. I'ma take some screen shots so I can remember my home screen set up and back up stuff on Go Launcher

So what is the reason for this??

BTW I was rooted until the last update. I havent rooted back yet because all the benefits of rooting (instead of TB and safety strap) have stayed. So no need to at this point..

I honestly don't know the reason for this. I chased this issue for a month, and it had me ready to get a CLNR. Actually I got a CLNR but when I powered the device on, it stuck in boot loop. So I sent the CLNR back. Then I tried this, and it worked. Strangest dang thing.

How I noticed it was I powered my maxx down and saw a fc message, it said it was moto home, so I powered back on, and back off, it happened again. So I cleared the data and the issue was gone. Dumb luck I think.

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I just did it.. Nothing on my home screen changed though... Here's hoping...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
BiGG WiLL said:
I just did it.. Nothing on my home screen changed though... Here's hoping...

You cleared data on the home screen app in your applications and it did nothing?? Your home screen didn't revert back to stock appearance?

Clear data on go launcher as well. That's why lol.

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
NOPE!! Just got two new FORCE CLOSE msgs. "The process com.motorola.home.other has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
This is annoying .....:mad:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
BiGG WiLL said:
NOPE!! Just got two new FORCE CLOSE msgs. "The process com.motorola.home.other has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
This is annoying .....:mad:

Clear data on go launcher, if it continues, you will have to do a FDR.

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
Ok I just did it again on Home Screen and this time also on Go Launcher. Then I just restored my Go Launcher backup.. I'll stay posted..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
BiGG WiLL said:
Ok I just did it again on Home Screen and this time also on Go Launcher. Then I just restored my Go Launcher backup.. I'll stay posted..

Good deal.