The Nexus 6 DOES Have An LED Notification Light!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
uqwhOIa-224x300.jpg

Well what do you know! The Nexus 6 does actually have an RGB LED notification light. It is placed inside of the top speaker grill. RGB means that the light can actually display an array of colors. It would seem that the notification light has been disabled in favor of the ambient display which causes your screen to briefly turn on any time your phone receives a notification. If you wanted to use the LED light instead of the ambient display you can actually enable it thanks to some handy work by the creators of the lightflow app. Your Nexus 6 will need to be rooted. It looks like the Lightflow app does not support the LED light yet, but the lightflow creators have posted the instructions to get the feature working until they build support into their app. Head to the link below for more info.

via XDA

ANGRYSQUID

Reaction score
That makes no sense. Have hardware included in your device with no option to use it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
or customize it. That's nothing new. Even my old RAZR HD, which had an LED, wasn't customizable. Downloaded the Light Flow app and was floored when I found out all the colors my LED could turn.

ANGRYSQUID

Reaction score
The same goes for the Samsung phones. Had to get light flow to control the led on my Galaxy nexus and s3. Otherwise colors are limited. Makes no sense why it isn't just built into the stock software. Thankfully there is Lightflow.