The "Next Dimension" of Google Maps

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
nextdimensioninvite.jpeg

With all the rumor of Apple supposedly throwing Google Maps overboard in favor of it's own mapping acquisitions, Google Inc is poised to launch something exciting and new in Google Maps June 6 at 9:30AM. Some are speculating that it could be "3D views" and that sounds like a pretty sound theory seeing that Maps is currently operating in the 2D realm. Google is taking a pretty aggressive stance on this one seeing that Apple's WWDC will be happening just under a week later. This will be a good one to watch thats for sure.

Via: Slashgear

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Skip the breakfast, and have the event start at 9. I'm very interested in this!

mgrande

Reaction score
Not sure if its on mobile or not, but now when I zoom in all the way on my pc its an awesome blimp pic the you can rotate.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching this. I love Google maps. Free live traffic, updated maps. This is why I don't use a standalone gps anymore even thought I sell them at Best Buy every day :D

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'll be watching this. I love Google maps. Free live traffic, updated maps. This is why I don't use a standalone gps anymore even thought I sell them at Best Buy every day :D

I'd love to hear your sales pitch.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd love to hear your sales pitch.
I'm pretty convincing when it comes to selling them. Most of the time it's older people who get a GPS but even people with smartphones get them. Mainly so they can use their phone for other things instead of having it tied up as their gps.

dug-e-fresh

Reaction score
I'm pretty convincing when it comes to selling them. Most of the time it's older people who get a GPS but even people with smartphones get them. Mainly so they can use their phone for other things instead of having it tied up as their gps.

I use Pandora while running navigation and still take calls all over Bluetooth in my 2012 Outback. Multitasking is what android is all about ;)