[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod - D2' started by Redflea, Aug 26, 2011.

1. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm running PhantomGamer's latest build right now. (It's been so long since I flashed it, I'm not sure of the date on it lol.) I'm pretty sure all of the bugs are worked out of this one. Camera works 100%, and I haven't noticed any other bugs, except that the alt-lock key and voice search key fixes haven't been merged yet, so they don't work yet.

Also, I'm running 13thAngel's CM9 on Boot Manager, and there's few problems with that even. Camera doesn't work at all right now, Bluetooth audio is choppy during phone calls, and battery life is very iffy, but other than that it's pretty solid.

Most of the action is over at Rootzwiki though. DF has been pretty dead for a while now. :-/

2. missionman

missionman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    notice any issues yet?

oh cool :) ok i just flashed the newest ROM over there named "phantomgamers_cm7d2-gb_02-14-12.zip". Day 2 and so far I seem to get this issue where lock-screen sometimes goes dead. unresponsive to touch & sliding to unlock. A hard reboot didnt even work (one time outa the couple times it did this). Once I had to take out the battery. It doesnt happen a lot, just randomly. Quite annoying though I might add..crappy thing is, only ONE guy in that entire forum over there reported this issue! UGH.. About 1 out of 12 will experience this it looks like LOL ill try Spitemare's ROM after I toy around with some of the Phantomgamers releases

3. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's all the builds I have. Again, no idea which one I'm running currently.

Dropbox :: Folder listing :: CM7-D2 Builds

4. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Anyone remind me how to flash or even get recovery to work once I'm there in MIUI? Ics? Lol been on my phone for a while... wanted to wipe data. When i hit the down volume key at blue light, it will go to recovery but nothing works..lol any ideas? Been a while with the d2...

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

5. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    What MIUI are you on? Its volume down on the blue light.

If its an older one you can also use terminal and type

su
    cat.jpg

Then use ROM Manager to boot into Recovery. If its a new version (like this month) recovery hijack is fixed so you don't use cat.jpg. Just use ROM Manager.

X

6. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    I did the blue light.. but no matter what I do, it just shows the icon and no script of any kind ie. Completely blank as the recovery is not the correct one. I used all the options of recoveries too..lol its all good I gave it to a friend at work. I told him if he has any issues with MIUI to bring it to me and I will SBF it to froyo then he can get it turned on then update to gingy..thanks fellas!

7. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    By the way... I've been slamming the roms on the Razr... lol sweet! Nice to have safestrap. If its available on the d2 I would keep it loaded up prior to flashing if you like to keep a previous ROM or daily driver and a playtime or flash daily ROM..lol

8. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    HOw did it compare with the various builds found @ root wiki

10. Knowpig

Knowpig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read it to still be based on the froyo kernel. I did not flash it for that reason. I am happily running Phantomgamers 2/14 build. It's gb base and runs very well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

11. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's definitely on the GB kernel. I'm running it right now. As far as comparison, they're about the same. I seem to be getting better battery life on the RC, and there are no sticky settings, which started happening in some of the later builds from Phantom and Nis. So there are some benefits to the RC, but there doesn't seem to be any new features or anything.

12. Mike253

Mike253 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hmm, has anyone noticed that download links arent working? I cant get them to work. says page not found. Yes the droid 2 is outdated but im getting one soon and id like too switch over that and have the same cm7 as i have on my DX2. Anyone have a zip?

Search tags for this page
android cm7 download
cm7 gingerbread rom

cm7 rom download

download cm7 rom
download rom cm7
droid 2 cm7
gingerbread rom
gingerbread rom cm7
gingerbread rom download
rom gingerbread