the application contacts storage process com.motorola.contacts has stopped

topfiveaudio

Reaction score
First time posting anything, anywhere, so i hope i'm in the right place. I removed some bloatware and now FC's every time I try to view, add, or edit a contact. I think I have it narrowed down to Yahoo!Contacts.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Last edited:

NiteCloak

Reaction score
I always wait a year with my phones before rooting them and playing with them. I dunno why. Some ridiculous notion that I am trying to be a legitimate user and fearing the need to ever have to take the phone back to the store should there be a problem with it and worrying that they won't exchange it if Jailbreaked.

I'm soaking all this good stuff up like a sponge though for when I do root... which I can see won't be long. I am getting itchy fingers!

Oh and sorry you are having these problems Top5, I wish I could help.

OP
T

topfiveaudio

Reaction score
No worries, all is well and working. Now to flash the wonderful MIUI to my GF's Dinc2.

acrollins

Reaction score
application contacts storage process com.motorola.contacts has stopped

blur_yahoo.apk AND blur_yahoo.odex cannot be removed safely. I found the files needed here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-hacks/198775-droid-4-dump.html

And now i know why people say FREEZE the app instead of uninstalling it.

Surviving without this site would be Hell.

Yes I agree. After encountering the same
[h=2]application contacts storage process com.motorola.contacts has stopped over and over and over again,[/h] I spent all morning trying to find and replace all the necessary files only for them to not work. My suspicion that they are device specific even though they have the same file names was correct (filesize should have been the giveaway). So happy someone posted the droid 4 files. I learned a lot this morning, that stupid yahoo files on a PC are completely different than stupid (albeit) necessary yahoo files on a droid.

Lessons learned:

Backup phone before you do a single thing with Nandroid
Pay for full versions of Root Manager and Titanium Backup
Don't delete or uninstall anything that you didn't put there yourself. Use FREEZE in Titanium Backup instead.
Files in \system\app are device specific in many if not all occasions