"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes dead at age 69

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you grew up in the 80s then you are familiar with this wrestler, Dusty Rhodes passed away at the age of 69. HOF Rhodes began his wrestling career in 1968 and went on to wrestle for AWA, WCW (now WWE), NWA, and the WWF (now known as WWE).

Source: Professional wrestling legend Dusty Rhodes dies at age 69

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
RIP...lots of em are dropping like flies...I used to watch this guy when it was WWF wrestling..hoping to grow large and strong...LOL..

Careful what you wish for..cause you just might get it all

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Wow...I also watched him in the WWF along with his son Dustin Rhodes...definitely RIP.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm almost certain he did commentary on WCW back in the day when I was a wrestling fan. I was WCW to the core and pretty much lost interest around the time WWE bought them out. Ok...maybe a bit before that, but that definitely sealed the deal for me.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lost interest around the time WWE bought them out

When Raw and Nitro was in its hay day I was enjoying the rivalry and even hoping to see a few crossovers here and there. Boy when I heard WWF bought WCW I was excited and then I stopped watching it as it lost its steam. That stays in my mind about how important a healthy competition can be for both companies and its users regardless of what side of the fence you are on (hence me rooting for apple).

We would watch both RAW and Nitro. I think I gravitated more to WWF while my brother WCW but we still kept up with both.

Memories

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wrestlers have the life expectancy of African countries.

Making it to almost 70 is pretty good all else considered, but he probably missed the steroid explosion in the late 70's (which up until that point was mostly elite athletes and bodybuilders).

I wonder how the Governator is doing as well as he seems to be. Although a quick search showed he has had heart problems, and he also claimed only to have used steroids to maintain while cutting (which I think sounds dubious, but if you're willing to admit it why qualify it?). I also have my doubts that, as an actor up to 50 or so, he didn't use steroids and HgH since Mr. Olympia was kind of his bread-and-butter as an actor.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I watched him on WWF as well.. RIP