Thanks for the help but... :(

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Ok, as a test I just forwarded an attachment from my exchange account to my gmail account and it went through. It was a word document. What kind of attachment(s) are you trying to forward? Also what radio program are you having issues with streaming?

Any attachment excel, word, pdfs nothing will go from my exchange email from the phone to other emails.

I am trying to stream talk radio when I go to a particular site that a host i like streams on it wont stream. most sites ask for flash or windows media player.

is there somewhere i can go to get a list of the most popoular talk show hosts and then stream from there? otherwise what my recourse?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

P3Droid

Reaction score
Post one of the websites so that I can give it a look and see if I can help.

mwinne

Reaction score
is there somewhere i can go to get a list of the most popoular talk show hosts and then stream from there? otherwise what my recourse?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried moodio? it is not perfect,but it works for me for the time being, till something better comes along.

darreno1

Reaction score
Ok, as a test I just forwarded an attachment from my exchange account to my gmail account and it went through. It was a word document. What kind of attachment(s) are you trying to forward? Also what radio program are you having issues with streaming?

Any attachment excel, word, pdfs nothing will go from my exchange email from the phone to other emails.

I am trying to stream talk radio when I go to a particular site that a host i like streams on it wont stream. most sites ask for flash or windows media player.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Well I just forwarded some more attachments (pdfs, jpgs) from my exhange account to 2 of my other email addresses and got them. So it is probably an issue with the way your exchange is setup. Or if you can do this from other phones, the Droid has an incompatibility with your setup.

You seem hesitant to name the host. I can understand why up to a point, however it would be much easier to help if you can.

There are several apps you can try for this, Droidlive lite, Streaming live radio etc. If you do a search for radio in the market place you'll come up with lots of choices, some free, some paid.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Post one of the websites so that I can give it a look and see if I can help.

kste.com is one
560wind.com
850wftl.com

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried moodio? it is not perfect,but it works for me for the time being, till something better comes along.

Does this have talk radio?

Well I just forwarded some more attachments (pdfs, jpgs) from my exhange account to 2 of my other email addresses and got them. So it is probably an issue with the way your exchange is setup. Or if you can do this from other phones, the Droid has an incompatibility with your setup.

You seem hesitant to name the host. I can understand why up to a point, however it would be much easier to help if you can.

There are several apps you can try for this, Droidlive lite, Streaming live radio etc. If you do a search for radio in the market place you'll come up with lots of choices, some free, some paid.

As far as the Radio goes I am trying the stuff mentioned above with no luck.

Here is a list of stations anyone of these will do pretty much if i can stream as long as they match up to my time zone.

All stations & times for The Savage Nation

As far as the attachemtns go, you said there is an "incompatibility with your setup." is this something I can fix or I need my company IT to get involved (if they will ???) .

THANKS 2 all for the help!!

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score

darreno1

Reaction score
As far as the Radio goes I am trying the stuff mentioned above with no luck.

Here is a list of stations anyone of these will do pretty much if i can stream as long as they match up to my time zone.

All stations & times for The Savage Nation

As far as the attachemtns go, you said there is an "incompatibility with your setup." is this something I can fix or I need my company IT to get involved (if they will ???) .

THANKS 2 all for the help!!

Yeah, maybe you should talk to your IT department and have them troubleshoot the issue. They should be able to see if the attachments are being stripped at the server. Tell them others are not having the problem.

Another app to try for live radio streaming is Stitcher radio. I tried searching for some the stations in that list but nothing came up. However, there are hundreds I haven't tried so you got your work cut out for you :).

Last edited:

mwinne

Reaction score
Does this have talk radio?

Yes. I listen to all kinda of talk on it, you will have to check the list to see if it has what you want.

I signed up but when I click on a link it downloads a file how do you get moodio to stream? confused thanks!

You sign up on line and go through the list of stations, then add the ones you like to your list. Then when you go there on you droid, it will give you your list, and you can just pick the one you want to listen to.

Like I said, it is not perfect, but it works till something better comes along.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe you should talk to your IT department and have them troubleshoot the issue. They should be able to see if the attachments are being stripped at the server. Tell them others are not having the problem.

Another app to try for live radio streaming is Stitcher radio. I tried searching for some the stations in that list but nothing came up. However, there are hundreds I haven't tried so you got your work cut out for you :).

I will see if my IT will help me with the attachements but I doubt it.

One Stitcher How do you search station in Stitcher it seems like its podcasts not station I dl it and tried to set it up. I cannot believe its this hard to stream the 3rd most popular talk show in America. CRAZY!

... most sites ask for flash or windows media player. ...

Flash is coming in the first half of 2010. Flash is an Adobe plugin and currently it is not out. It will be soon.

I know but not soon enough its too long to wait.

Yes. I listen to all kinda of talk on it, you will have to check the list to see if it has what you want.

I signed up but when I click on a link it downloads a file how do you get moodio to stream? confused thanks!

You sign up on line and go through the list of stations, then add the ones you like to your list. Then when you go there on you droid, it will give you your list, and you can just pick the one you want to listen to.

Like I said, it is not perfect, but it works till something better comes along.

When you add a station then click on the link what happens? For me Moodio downloads a file and then I cannot open it. So nothing plays. What are you doing to get it to work?

Thanks again for all the help!!!

Caindris

Reaction score
I will see if my IT will help me with the attachements but I doubt it.

Coming from someone who administers Exchange 2007, it's definitely Exchange that is your problem. Attachments never just get stripped for no reason and if they're getting to your internal mailbox from the Droid then the server is stripping them on the way out.

Your IT department should be able to set up some logging on your account and dig deeper into this issue. Also https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ is fantastic for testing purposes, but that's probably not something you should need to dig into.

f150steeler

Reaction score
update patch only 13 days away...I would wait and see after that. you would not want to regret it later.

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Def. jumping the Gun.

Unfortunately I am returning the droid. My 5 year old Samsung does more (for me) then the droid. I really loved the Droid but the way I work it doesnt for me. I hope I am not jumping the gun by returning it but I feel the firmware will not address my problems :(

(1) I cannot forward an attachment from my corporate exchange email to anybody except to my work email. When i forward to a gmail etc... there is no attachement attached

(2) I cannot easily select text to copy or cut when in my works OWA site. It doesnt work when you hold the shift key down because it makes the entire box of the body of the email organge.

(3) I dont like the fact I cannot back up the entire phone incase it crashes

(4) I cannot stream the radio program I listen to every day :(

(5) i can not take a clear picture with the camera

(6) The Droid user community is great and thanks for the help but I am frustrated with the issues.

(7) The screen is amazing and overall browsing is incredible though!

The issues you mentioned have alreadt been fixed or will be with the 12/11 software update. If you switch to another phone, you will have another set of issues.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Unfortunately I am returning the droid. My 5 year old Samsung does more (for me) then the droid. I really loved the Droid but the way I work it doesnt for me. I hope I am not jumping the gun by returning it but I feel the firmware will not address my problems :(

(1) I cannot forward an attachment from my corporate exchange email to anybody except to my work email. When i forward to a gmail etc... there is no attachement attached

(2) I cannot easily select text to copy or cut when in my works OWA site. It doesnt work when you hold the shift key down because it makes the entire box of the body of the email organge.

(3) I dont like the fact I cannot back up the entire phone incase it crashes

(4) I cannot stream the radio program I listen to every day :(

(5) i can not take a clear picture with the camera

(6) The Droid user community is great and thanks for the help but I am frustrated with the issues.

(7) The screen is amazing and overall browsing is incredible though!

The issues you mentioned have alreadt been fixed or will be with the 12/11 software update. If you switch to another phone, you will have another set of issues.

These issues are not fixed yet at least not for me. I am holding out for sure now till 12/11 but I hope I get it all fixed.