cant delete an old email

Tree Toad

Reaction score
I forwarded an email to my Droid back in mid April. I cannot deleted it!!!! The title continues to show up when I open my email but the body of the email is gone. I have tried every way I know of to get this to go away but no luck. I can delete all the other email but no this one. Little help please??

Benton

Reaction score
I don't know all the history of this one email that "sticks" but it sounds rather a pain to keep being reminded of it everytime you open your email. I have never had this specific problem so will take a few shots in the dark.

1. Is this GMAIL? If so, can you see the same email when you log onto your GMAIL account on-line?

2. Do you still have a copy of the original email on another computer or phone? You may be able to re-forward the email back to your phone then delete it entirely.

Again, just shots in the dark.

OP
T

Tree Toad

Reaction score
I don't know all the history of this one email that "sticks" but it sounds rather a pain to keep being reminded of it everytime you open your email. I have never had this specific problem so will take a few shots in the dark.

1. Is this GMAIL? If so, can you see the same email when you log onto your GMAIL account on-line?

2. Do you still have a copy of the original email on another computer or phone? You may be able to re-forward the email back to your phone then delete it entirely.

This wasnt Gmail, SBC.yahoo.com. I do not have the original so I cant do that. When I tried to delete the original all that dissapeared was the the body of the email but the header will NOT go away.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This wasnt Gmail, SBC.yahoo.com. I do not have the original so I cant do that. When I tried to delete the original all that dissapeared was the the body of the email but the header will NOT go away.

Hmmm...Probably need to do a factory data reset out of your privacy section in the settings. That will clear it up for you.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I had this issue when I first got my Droid and couldn't figure it out.

Like Tree Toad said...

I just went to my main email account "online" and deleted the email there. Once I did that, the emails where gone. For those that may not get what I am saying...if you delete an email on your phone, it will not be deleted from your main email account unless you are using the web.

hope that made sense.

OP
T

Tree Toad

Reaction score
I forwarded an email to my Droid back in mid April. I cannot deleted it!!!! The title continues to show up when I open my email but the body of the email is gone. I have tried every way I know of to get this to go away but no luck. I can delete all the other email but no this one. Little help please??
I got thru to tech support and explained my problem. He did some checking and said no one had heard of it before. The only solution was them hard reset. Lost all my apps but was able to find most of them and reinstall them. The email is GONE. Tech support was fantastic. Patient to say the least and got the problem solved. :icon_ banana: