Thank you Droid, Google, Microsoft Sync

street

Reaction score
I will be really happy if that works. However why does the syncmyride.com site say I am already on version 3.1? Is this 3.1.1 or something else? I will try it when I get home- thanks!

wyz

Reaction score
I will be really happy if that works. However why does the syncmyride.com site say I am already on version 3.1? Is this 3.1.1 or something else? I will try it when I get home- thanks!
well I hope it works for you cause the site said I was on 3.0 and need to go to
a new sync 3.1 and I had to follow the download instructions. Once I download the 3.1 it shows up todate on the site and there's noway to find that same download again. I installed the checker and when I go back to the site it keeps saying 1 download available as if I still don't have it. Who knows.
If you find out it won't let you reinstall the update,I would call them and tell them you want to reinstall it via one of their phone jockeys.
Let me know how it works out.

street

Reaction score
well I hope it works for you cause the site said I was on 3.0 and need to go to
a new sync 3.1 and I had to follow the download instructions. Once I download the 3.1 it shows up todate on the site and there's noway to find that same download again. I installed the checker and when I go back to the site it keeps saying 1 download available as if I still don't have it. Who knows.
If you find out it won't let you reinstall the update,I would call them and tell them you want to reinstall it via one of their phone jockeys.
Let me know how it works out.

Not looking great- the site said I'm on 3.1 and I finally verified the sync checker and it keeps uploading the file (We have received and recorded your confirmation file Sync_5LCY01CJ_1FMCxxx.xml ) says I'm on 3.1 - but the site says this every time I go to it-
Sync Status Checker Version 1.3
We need to confirm your current version of Sync. Please download and run the Sync Status Checker. The Sync Status Checker will verify what version of Sync is currently installed in your vehicle.

I will try the audio again but not expecting much. I guess if it worked for you, great but be aware it may happen again- like me. Doh.

street

Reaction score
I finally got it to work! It had nothing to do with the update because I called and they said I showed I was on 3.1 since I got my Escape in March. I happened to ask what the difference between Restore Factory defaults and Master Reset was. He explained that factory defaults didn't clear your data but put it all back to the default as it was installed. The Master reset clears all data. I told him I already did the Master reset and he suggest I try the factory defaults then the master reset because of what I mentioned. I first deleted all BT devices, then factory reset then master reset. Re- paired my phone and bingo.

So if this happens again, try these steps.

wyz

Reaction score
I finally got it to work! It had nothing to do with the update because I called and they said I showed I was on 3.1 since I got my Escape in March. I happened to ask what the difference between Restore Factory defaults and Master Reset was. He explained that factory defaults didn't clear your data but put it all back to the default as it was installed. The Master reset clears all data. I told him I already did the Master reset and he suggest I try the factory defaults then the master reset because of what I mentioned. I first deleted all BT devices, then factory reset then master reset. Re- paired my phone and bingo.

Thats a relief. Really didnt work on mine till I factory reset it after the update but what ever the prob was lets be glad it's over and hopefully stays that way.
The only annoying thing now I noticed is if your playing the stream ,like Pandora or Droid lite radio or something other than the default player and the
phone call comes in and you finish talking it goes back to the default player and
starts playing whatever, so you have to shut it off and turn on whatever you were listening too(What a pain) I tried defaulting to astro player hoping it wouldn't start like the default droid player and what do I get, 2 players playing at the same time and you have to shut them both off.
This bluetooth is really a hoot. Well have to get to work on this one.
Oh well,I shouldn't complain right it works.........later

street

Reaction score
Not sure if it will fix it, but make sure to turn off the autoplay in sync media or play settings. Seems I read somewhere it won't fix it as expected but that might have been an old post or just because it was iPhone. I know of one forum I saw it was specific in to the iPhone because there was no way in the iPhone to turn off JUST the BT media, separate from phone like android does. There were tons of complaints like yours. If I recall, mine would go back to the USB stick over the BT audio unless I was previously listening to the BTA.

wyz

Reaction score
Not sure if it will fix it, but make sure to turn off the autoplay in sync media or play settings. Seems I read somewhere it won't fix it as expected but that might have been an old post or just because it was iPhone. I know of one forum I saw it was specific in to the iPhone because there was no way in the iPhone to turn off JUST the BT media, separate from phone like android does. There were tons of complaints like yours. If I recall, mine would go back to the USB stick over the BT audio unless I was previously listening to the BTA.
funny but I just tried that this morning and it doesn't seem to and when you go to autoplay and press ok it asks if you want to turn it on so I assume it's off to begin with??????? Right now, I have been hitting the OK or pause button on the radio and that at least stops it from playing. Maybe someone will come up with something...........

eris1981

Reaction score

Are these steps in the Sync Manual? I have not had a chance to look, my Sync worked fine with my Blackberry, then that fried yesterday so I went with the HTC Droid Eris and I cannot play internet radio anymore :mad: I deleted the BB from the system, then the HTC has had difficulty pairing still, and Pandora is not playing through the BT.

eris1981

Reaction score
I did not do a master reset, but I deleted all my data from sync, and re-paired my systems. Now Pandora plays through the Sync, but Sync keeps starting my media player at the same time.

Is there any way to completely close the media player so Sync cannot take control while Pandora is already playing?

wyz

Reaction score
Hey Street,,,,,Hows your Bluetooth Audio working????
Mine cut out again yesterday and it's back to the same old....
Tried to resync,reset,repair,the whole nine yards and nothing.
Hope yours is still working. Getting tired of this issue.

eris1981

Reaction score
Hey Street,,,,,Hows your Bluetooth Audio working????
Mine cut out again yesterday and it's back to the same old....
Tried to resync,reset,repair,the whole nine yards and nothing.
Hope yours is still working. Getting tired of this issue.

Mine did it again, and when it happened I powered off the phone, and powered it back on and the Microsoft Sync recognized it immediately. So far I have done this 3 times and it has worked every time.

Eris, not the Moto but it is worth a shot.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Bluetooth Audio works?

When I pair my Droid with my computer the only service I get is Object Push...

Iphone Eyes

Reaction score
I have seen some threads about the Voice privacy setting and noticed mine is ON so I turned it off and I will try it out at lunch to see if this has any affect.