Texts acting weird

Shane904

Reaction score
I've lurked on the site, finally needed to post.

I'm having two strange issues with stock text messaging. Two days ago, my texts sometimes got stuck on "sending," but still sent. So the person still gets them. Its kinda annoying...

Also, a few hours ago, some of my received texts show as I sent them. This happens when I switch from landscape to portrait or vice versa by sliding the keyboard. Say Joe sends me a text saying hi, and I reply hey with my physical keyboard. When I close it, it might make it show that I had sent hi. It permanently shows as this. Not just temporarily. And this doesn't always happen, so it is really strange.

Tl;dr - sometimes text messages that send still show as showing. Sometimes texts sent to me show sent as me.

Thanks!
Shane

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hey Shane, Thanx for joining up and welcome!!! The issue you described is a tower issue possibly.. Is it in one area? Like your house or is it happen in different places?

Often times rebooting your phone will fix the problem. The device will register with the towers again... But if it doesn't,.......

you might try, powering off, carefully removing your sim card, power on, power off and reinsert the sim. Power back on...

Also, try clearing your cache on your device...

Have you had any call issues? Dropped calls?

If all else fails, go to your local vzw store, get a new sim, should be free.. And if it still persists.. Call vzw and have them submit a trouble ticket...

Are you stock or rooted??

I hopefully I'm understanding correctly.. :)

Jacktheknife

Reaction score
I have the same issue, jumping in and out of airplane mode usually fixes it. I am hoping to get a new similar card tomorrow, hoping to not get hassle for having a rooted phone.