Texting Problems

plugandplay

Reaction score
Just got an Galaxy S 3 Friday, for a few people I text, they do receive my texts, however I do not receive their texts. For a .5 - 1 hour after I send the text to them the text on my phone has a green light next to their name, but then the light turns red, looks like the light or icon may by a clock/timer as there appear to be clock hands in the icon.

As two of the numbers/people I'm not receiving texts from have iPhones, I texted a few others that I have been receiving from in the past, and I did receive most when they responded to me, so it doesn't appear to be an iPhone issue.

Until I got this new Galaxy S3, I was even that day receiving them from those people and always have been (5+ years), this just started Friday afternoon.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try taking out the battery and SIM card for a good minute.

The only issue I've had before was not able to receive MMS from iPhone. I ended up switching SMS apps and that helped my issue. I switched to GoSMS and never had a problem since.

OP
P

plugandplay

Reaction score
it turns out that the people who couldn't text me' each of whom had an iPhone and their iPhone were trying to i-message me (because I used to have an iPhone), they just need to go into Contacts and tell their iPhones to text me from now on. :icon_ banana:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I thought iMessage was automatically sent if the number was tied to another iPhone? Oh well, glad to hear it got resolved.