Text to an Email Through Contacts??

jc0515

Reaction score
For convenience, I would text to my email at work for reminders. On my old Env3, I could save the email address to my contact's and pull it up when texting. On the S4, I can't save my email address in the Phone number section - won't let you input text, so I can't use S-Voice to say "Text Jim Email". It replies with "Jim Email" not in your contacts. It is, but doesn't have a Phone section in the Contact information. When I do put a Phone section, it won't recognize the possibility of texting to an email, so it won't pull that up as an option. I don't use the email on my phone, but maybe I need to grab a Gmail for just this option...I'm in technology, and that's why I hate it so <smile>

Is there anyway to do this? I even tried Cut & Paste, but again, I couldn't input into the Phone field.

reybie

Reaction score
I don't think you can do it that way with this new S4. You're probably better off doing what you suggested earlier in getting a gmail address or better yet just a GV number so that you can have it forward text messages to your work email.