Text to an Email Through Contacts??

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by jc0515, Jun 8, 2013.

1. jc0515

jc0515 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For convenience, I would text to my email at work for reminders. On my old Env3, I could save the email address to my contact's and pull it up when texting. On the S4, I can't save my email address in the Phone number section - won't let you input text, so I can't use S-Voice to say "Text Jim Email". It replies with "Jim Email" not in your contacts. It is, but doesn't have a Phone section in the Contact information. When I do put a Phone section, it won't recognize the possibility of texting to an email, so it won't pull that up as an option. I don't use the email on my phone, but maybe I need to grab a Gmail for just this option...I'm in technology, and that's why I hate it so <smile>

Is there anyway to do this? I even tried Cut & Paste, but again, I couldn't input into the Phone field.

2. reybie

reybie Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think you can do it that way with this new S4. You're probably better off doing what you suggested earlier in getting a gmail address or better yet just a GV number so that you can have it forward text messages to your work email.

Search tags for this page

forward text to email on s4

galaxy s4 does not pull phone contacts to compose text

galaxy s4 email address showing in text contacts

galaxy s4 email text to speech

galaxy s4 forward text message to email address

galaxy s4 text to email

how do i input email addresses into the messaging on samsung

how to share contact information via text message from galax

samsung s4 showing email address in text message contacts

why are my text contacts from facebook on my glalaxy s4