Text receiving problem...

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Ok so this is starting to get VERY old. It used to only happen every once in a while, but now it seems to be happening like 1 out of every 10 texts I receive or so. Basically the text just doesn't show up in my inbox. I'll get the notification for it and bring that menu down and be able to see whatever will fit in there but when I click to go to my handcent there is no new message from the person. I've checked both handcent and the default app and it's the same thing. I'm also using handcent with my GV number (problem happened before doing this too) so when I go to the voice app on my phone I can see the message there. Anyone have any ideas?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats very odd....try uninstalling Handcent and then reinstalling and see if that helps

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Ok so this is starting to get VERY old. It used to only happen every once in a while, but now it seems to be happening like 1 out of every 10 texts I receive or so. Basically the text just doesn't show up in my inbox. I'll get the notification for it and bring that menu down and be able to see whatever will fit in there but when I click to go to my handcent there is no new message from the person. I've checked both handcent and the default app and it's the same thing. I'm also using handcent with my GV number (problem happened before doing this too) so when I go to the voice app on my phone I can see the message there. Anyone have any ideas?

Have you uninstalled Handcent? There were problems before where people were losing text messages and I'm not sure if it every actually got fixed.

If Handcent is deleting by accident, without input, it's going to remove if from your default app too.

Is the default app doing it when Handcent isn't on the phone?

If it's happening both ways, I'm not personally sure the issue, but my first thing would be to remove Handcent for a few days and see what happens there.

OP
J

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Hmm yeah I'll try reinstalling handcent. And yeah I had the losing texts too but that was a slightly different problem where I would open it and randomly would have an empty inbox. Hasn't happened for a while so I'm assuming it got fixed. I just figured that since they weren't on my default messaging app that it couldn't be just handcent but I'm willing to try anything at this point so looks like that's my next step!

Briankbl

Reaction score
Hmm yeah I'll try reinstalling handcent. And yeah I had the losing texts too but that was a slightly different problem where I would open it and randomly would have an empty inbox. Hasn't happened for a while so I'm assuming it got fixed. I just figured that since they weren't on my default messaging app that it couldn't be just handcent but I'm willing to try anything at this point so looks like that's my next step!
Hey JoeeDB, I have actually been having the same exact problem. Been using Handcent and there is just no way I can go back to the stock messaging app, too spoiled lol. Let us know how your experience goes having it uninstalled. If it fixes the disappearing text problem, I may have to follow suit.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
agree with other posters in here.

try reinstalling handcent. They just had an update yesterday i believe, so maybe something went wrong on the install? couldn't hurt either way

dredge

Reaction score
i use chompsms, works just as good if not better as handcent

Briankbl

Reaction score
And to clarify, it doesn't happen to me often. I have had the phone since early December, and it has happened maybe 3 times to me. I will receive the text notification, open the not. blind, see part of the text in the notification, but when I click on it and go to Handcent, it just isn't there. It's a strange problem. I told my friend to resend the message, and he responded with "Droid Doesn't, apparently" lol..............I had no comeback :(

whteglve

Reaction score
I'm having a very similar problem, but I'm using the stock messaging app. Any advice?

letsroc1

Reaction score
Im not having that problem. But Im getting 2 of the same texts about every other text. Is anyone having that problem??

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I get the clone texts but only if I'm in the messaging app when one comes through.