text question

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Why is it that when I recieve a text message some of them are broken up and delivered as 2 or more messages?

Also why will videos and annimation not play on this phone?

Also, I am not getting my email to my gmail box. WTH?

Thanks for everyones help

Last edited:

Monstrosity

Reaction score
Verizon only allows 160 keys/letters/whatever in each message. So if a message is longer than 160 keys/letters then it will split it up into more than one message.

if you do this and send to a non-verizon phone, it will not send the text that is after the 160 mark.

thelion

Reaction score
Do you mean your gmail box online or on your Droid? If it is on your Droid, make sure it is set up correctly. If you mean online check your "all mail" folder.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you install Handcent SMS.... the 160 text limit is automatically divided and you CAN send a text longer than 160 as Handcent will split it as individual messages. (Customers on another carrier will receive ALL of the text. just in 160 limit pieces!) Nice work around for the VZW issue.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I tried Handcent SMS and I think it messed up my phone. I was getting messages in both handcent and my default messenger? It would not let me get facebook updates, just acted wierd. After I deleted it from my phone I finally started getting my FB updates but now my mail isn't coming through. Not sure if Handcent messed something up or what. So I will not use handcent anymore, just sticking to the default messenger.

Also, why is it when I delete an email from my gmail on the droid, I go back in and it is back in the trash. I then have to go online to my gmail and delete the messages then they will go away. Is there a way that I can delete from my phone and it delete from the server as well? I don't like stuff lying around on my phone tying up space. I like things neat and clean.