Text pop up problem.

Desert Eagle

New to rooting and am loving UD tons. One problem that i am having tho is whenever i get a text a pop up comes up that is not from handcent or the system messaging app. I have notifications turned off in the system one. It is quite annoying to have that one pop up over the handcent pop up, then i click reply and it just opens handcent. If anyone could help me out with getting that off i would be thankful.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
if it is the pop up that I am thinking of it is from Handcent. To turn it off you need to go into Handcent > menu > settings > notification settings > uncheck "Enable popup" (its the first choice when the notification settings open). That will stop the popup.

OP
D

Desert Eagle

Unfortunately did not fix it. I want the handcent pop up. This pop up is separate from handcent and not part of the android base texting app. Leads me to believe that there is a pop up notification built into UD? Or am i crazy?

gwhiz377

I'm not sure if it was in UD itself, but I know in one of the themes there was an SMS pop up app that came installed. I had to use Root Explorer and go into /system/apps to delete it. I believe it can be deleted with Titanium Backup, but I'm not 100% sure.

OP
D

Desert Eagle

I'm not sure if it was in UD itself, but I know in one of the themes there was an SMS pop up app that came installed. I had to use Root Explorer and go into /system/apps to delete it. I believe it can be deleted with Titanium Backup, but I'm not 100% sure.
Thank you so much. I forgot to mention that i do have a theme over UD. I used root explorer and found it and deleted it. Thank you very much for your help.

gwhiz377

No problem. If it is the UDlution theme you're using, there's also a Last Call and ESPN app in there as well that you may want to uninstall as well.