1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Text pop up problem.

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by Desert Eagle, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

New to rooting and am loving UD tons. One problem that i am having tho is whenever i get a text a pop up comes up that is not from handcent or the system messaging app. I have notifications turned off in the system one. It is quite annoying to have that one pop up over the handcent pop up, then i click reply and it just opens handcent. If anyone could help me out with getting that off i would be thankful.
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    if it is the pop up that I am thinking of it is from Handcent. To turn it off you need to go into Handcent > menu > settings > notification settings > uncheck "Enable popup" (its the first choice when the notification settings open). That will stop the popup.
  3. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Unfortunately did not fix it. I want the handcent pop up. This pop up is separate from handcent and not part of the android base texting app. Leads me to believe that there is a pop up notification built into UD? Or am i crazy?
  4. macdonaldj2

macdonaldj2 New Member

Try installing the modified sms app, SMS Popup then go into notifications in that and turn them off
  5. gwhiz377

gwhiz377 New Member

I'm not sure if it was in UD itself, but I know in one of the themes there was an SMS pop up app that came installed. I had to use Root Explorer and go into /system/apps to delete it. I believe it can be deleted with Titanium Backup, but I'm not 100% sure.
  6. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Thank you so much. I forgot to mention that i do have a theme over UD. I used root explorer and found it and deleted it. Thank you very much for your help.
  7. gwhiz377

gwhiz377 New Member

No problem. If it is the UDlution theme you're using, there's also a Last Call and ESPN app in there as well that you may want to uninstall as well.
  8. bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73 New Member

The Titanium Backup method worked perfectly! Thanks for the tip!