Text Monitoring Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMpathetic

Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy" but here I go....

Maybe you should just disable texting. If I ever felt that my parents were checking my text messages behind my back (when I was living under their roof), I would feel extremely un-trusted and violated and then probably emancipate myself and move out (just kidding). Where is the trust between you and your offspring?

Have any Kids? More specifically Teen Girls?

If you can answer yes to both, then You should understand the OP's concerns.

So I guess I don't understand what that has to do with invading their privacy?!?

Speaking as a teen, you'd be surprised what they're capable of. :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I hate to be "that guy" but here I go....

Maybe you should just disable texting. If I ever felt that my parents were checking my text messages behind my back (when I was living under their roof), I would feel extremely un-trusted and violated and then probably emancipate myself and move out (just kidding). Where is the trust between you and your offspring?

So I guess I don't understand what that has to do with invading their privacy?!?

It's called being a Parent.

tdog7879

Reaction score
Im not sure about how to monitor there text but if you get the app called phone my pc you can watch everything they do on the computer....works great

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not sure about how to monitor there text but if you get the app called phone my pc you can watch everything they do on the computer....works great

Whoaaaaa.....

That was way off topic.....lol

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's called being a Parent.

i agree with black on this one.. I understand the invasion of privacy concern, but just knowing that you could check in on them would be some serious peace of mind. its not a matter of mistrust on the part of his kids, but on the part of other kids I'm sure.

savioAMG

Reaction score
The only time Verizon will be able to tell you the content of text messages (even your own) is with a court order. They will not send you emails with the contents of your daughter's texts.

actrack03

Reaction score
I can see where your coming from as a Father but teens are going to do what they are going to do regardless of how much you try to stop them. If you monitor texts then they will find another way to do it. Whats next being able to have their phone conversations recorded and sent to you so you can listen? I'm not trying to be an advocate for teen privacy rights but I just think that the line has to be drawn somewhere.

*edit - if you are that concerned about it try grabbing her phone when she's sleeping otherwise distracted and fish through it then.

Skymutt

Reaction score
Hate to say this, cuz it makes me sound like a troll. But, you do realize they most likely already know you've lied about seeing their texts, right?

I'm not a parent, but I work with teens through school programs, parents always underestimate them. It's very likely that they've already told friends and classmates that you monitor their texts and been told by others that it's not possible. They've also probably sent/received texts that would purposely trigger a response from you if you were reading them, just to test you.

I'm not making any judgement on your parenting skills, but only commenting that the teens that seem the most stable are the ones who have an open communication relationship with their parents, not the ones who feel like they're always being monitored and aren't trusted by their parents.

Zargon

Reaction score
Not looking forward to my little girls turning into teenage girls. :(

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Monitor Your Child's Cell Phone, Text Messages and Email With Alerts to Unauthorized Activity with RADAR, My Mobile Watchdog

I have no kids, but in this day and age...I understand COMPLETELY why you would want to do so. For people talking about privacy...

As long as they are under 18 and living on his dime, in his house, while he pays the bills (including the cell phone bill) he has the right to do whatever he wants.

Nice but.... My Mobile Watchdog works on all BlackBerry and Windows Mobile Smartphones.

M

Matth3w

I guess I only saw that he said he didn't have Droids...so he might have them...or if you're that concerned it might be worth it to get a Curve super cheap on eBay.

Mateles

Reaction score
If they have Android and Google Voice, you could disable regular texting through Verizon and only let them use GV texting. Then you can have them forwarded to you, or just monitor the account. GV is text only; no pics or videos (which may be also be good).

Maybe Eris if you don't want to spring for more Droids?

Status
Not open for further replies.