Text message stuck in notifications!!

jjbalcou

Reaction score
I have a text message that I cannot open that keeps showing up in notifications, and therefore keeps buzzing and blinking. I don't use Handscent, I just use the regular messaging app that comes with the droid. The original text is a facebook notifcation that I have sent to my phone when certain friends update their status.

It's been doing this for about 3 full days. It's done this before but usually disappears in a few hours, but this time is persistent. Is there anyone who knows what I can do to clear this? I've hit the clear button and it reappears, I've tried to text a new text to the same number to try and "trick" it into showing up, and it won't show up. It's getting annoying, and I love my droid :(

Rochelleand

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Has anyone responded with an answer for how to clear it? It's so frustrating! I figured out i am reading my texts when the facebook message pops up. It even happened a second time, so I clicked on it, and it wanted me to send a text message - strange, but the body of the facebook update was on the top of the text, so when I sent the text, it cleared. That won't work for the first text though. It keeps coming back!

Domino

Reaction score
Hey, just registered to let you guys know that I've found a solution for this problem.

I was having this problem after a bunch of Facebook SMS messages hit my phone at the same time, jammed it up, and one of them got stuck in my notification bar. No mater what I did, I couldn't get rid of it.

What you need to do is download "SMS Cleaner Free" by Carrot App ... here's a link: SMS Cleaner Free - Android app on AppBrain (or do a search in the android market)

Once you've installed SMS cleaner, go to "delete by keyword" and delete the "undeletable" message like that. In my case, I just typed "Facebook" and it instantly found the 1 message, and prompted me to delete it.

After deleting the message, go and clear out the notification. So far it works prefectly. I really hope this helps! Drop me a message on twitter if you need help walking through these steps. Benjamin George (darkdomino) on Twitter