tethering

system_error

Reaction score
I downloaded the free tethering app I can't get it to work on my computer I can't get the file to downloadto my computer at all does any one know what to do

the5barrons

Reaction score
Are you talking about the new release for " tether for android phones". It used to be for bb's perry much exclusively. Mind you, its not the wireless for rooted users. If its like the bb version, its wired only an uses your 3g.

So which one are you talking about?

Here's what I'm talking about. ( http://tether.com/android/download )

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

EARL97850

Reaction score
Not sure if it will work on the "X" but on Droid 1 I use "PdaNet" and it works fine. It loaded on the laptop and the phone just fine.

Cya

jimisbell

Reaction score
I decided to try pdanet on my DX. Got to the site and could NOT find the software that loads to the PC. Every time I tried to download, all I was given was a way to get the app for the phone. There were no instructions as to how to get the software that the PC needs!!!

musicman

Reaction score
Forget all that stuff. Root your phone with z4root then get barnacle for wireless tethering. Its a piece of cake.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I decided to try pdanet on my DX. Got to the site and could NOT find the software that loads to the PC. Every time I tried to download, all I was given was a way to get the app for the phone. There were no instructions as to how to get the software that the PC needs!!!

lol this took me 10 seconds to find

Download PdaNet

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Just remember PDAnet is only free for like the first month and then it will want you to pay to go to secure sites (like your bank, etc.). But that was like a 3 months ago when I used it. Now I am rooted and use WiFi tether dancedroid

jimisbell

Reaction score
Better solution. I just went to the Market and downloaded the FREE app "Wireless Tether" and it worked immediately.

Reaction score
I use EasyTether (free version) and it's pretty easy. The only thing is that my phone will only tether if I place it in Charge Only mode for the USB connection.

Other than that, it's been good.

jimisbell

Reaction score
I use EasyTether (free version) and it's pretty easy. The only thing is that my phone will only tether if I place it in Charge Only mode for the USB connection.

Thats interesting. Why Chicago? Where are you? I tried ET and couldnt get it to work. Maybe I should have tried "Chicago Only" but I would never have thought of that since I live in far south Texas...

Reaction score

Thats interesting. Why Chicago? Where are you? I tried ET and couldnt get it to work. Maybe I should have tried "Chicago Only" but I would never have thought of that since I live in far south Texas...

Uhh... Chicago?

You must be talking about where I said "Charge Only" mode for the USB connection.

Install EasyTether on your phone, install the EasyTether Windows software, place the phone in Charge Only mode when you connect it to your computer and then right click the ET icon and select "Connect Via Android" and you are good to go.

jimisbell

Reaction score
You are right, bad glasses...thought it said Chicago and I couldnt understand that. As Gilda used to say...."Nevermind.."

jimisbell

Reaction score
Install EasyTether on your phone, install the EasyTether Windows software, place the phone in Charge Only mode when you connect it to your computer and then right click the ET icon and select "Connect Via Android" and you are good to go.

With Wireless Tether there is nothing else to install, just the computers wireless as it is always configured. It can also work BlueTooth.