Teathering

jdbaker82

Reaction score
Is this possible? My friend has a Xoom that is WiFi only and if I could do this I would get a Thunderbolt!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Think of Windows. Being Rooted means you have Administrator access to your operating system so you can install and uninstall what you want. Without Root you have User access to your operating system - you can't change system settings and can't install/uninstall what the operating system doesn't want you to.

lockman

Reaction score
Is this possible? My friend has a Xoom that is WiFi only and if I could do this I would get a Thunderbolt!

That's pretty cool since it doesn't come out til the 27th. Or is it a 3G without 3G? Either way, like said above, use Mobile Hotspot. That is what it's for.

jdbaker82

Reaction score

That's pretty cool since it doesn't come out til the 27th. Or is it a 3G without 3G? Either way, like said above, use Mobile Hotspot. That is what it's for.

Technically it is a 3G but Verizon locked it because it was reported stolen and then later found. I will not be paying $20 a month for mobile hot spot once the free trial expires which is why I would want to do something like a bluetooth tether.

mark3748

Reaction score

Technically it is a 3G but Verizon locked it because it was reported stolen and then later found. I will not be paying $20 a month for mobile hot spot once the free trial expires which is why I would want to do something like a bluetooth tether.

You can do a WiFi tether in AP mode without the subscription if you root the TB, kind of my point in saying that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

jdbaker82

Reaction score

You can do a WiFi tether in AP mode without the subscription if you root the TB, kind of my point in saying that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Ohhh very nice! Who is the wizard behind figuring out this cracking of the rooting stuff lol

Slapsmak

Reaction score
hotspot to my laptop and ipad2:

Attachments

• 1207648042.png
    1207648042.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 178

BubbaRob

Reaction score
why not just use the mobile hotspot feature? it's free till may, and by then it'll be rooted and still free.

Free until May?? Nice, do they tell you this or do I have to ask for it when I pickup the phone?

It was in the press release and on every advertisement in the store.

Haha...thanks. I had no interest in this phone until about 30 minutes ago when I found out my city just added 4G....Now I am all about grabbing one.