PDA net

Reaction score
Is pda net free or will I get charged for teathering from Verizon? Trying to find a way to get internet to my computer without paying for it.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Is pda net free or will I get charged for teathering from Verizon? Trying to find a way to get internet to my computer without paying for it.

You can't access secured web sites, such as gmail. So I paid like 14.99 or something. I only use it once a month, but when I need it, I need it, so worth every penny. If you have a Motorola, you can use foxfi through WiFi, HTC phones can use foxfi only through Bluetooth if your computer has it.

geoff5093

Reaction score
There is always the chance Verizon will catch you tethering, as it is against their TOS. My friend got caught using a WiFi tether app for root users and had the tethering plan added to his bill, but he is on AT&T.

pogibry

Reaction score
You can't access secured web sites, such as gmail. So I paid like 14.99 or something. I only use it once a month, but when I need it, I need it, so worth every penny. If you have a Motorola, you can use foxfi through WiFi, HTC phones can use foxfi only through Bluetooth if your computer has it.

I did the same thing until I discovered rooting and adding the wifi hotspot (i'm a current fan of Open Garden atm). But pdanet was nice though, I gotta admit that.

2001400ex

Reaction score
I did the same thing until I discovered rooting and adding the wifi hotspot (i'm a current fan of Open Garden atm). But pdanet was nice though, I gotta admit that.

Yeah, my OG Droid and rooted and rommed several times and constantly tinkered with it. I use my phone for business and just found that process consuming too much time and too little instability. So my Thunderbolt has been bone stock since day one, and I don't really miss rooting. If I didn't use my phone for work it would be a different story. So in absence of that, I need a different workaround.

Natey2

Reaction score
Yeah, my OG Droid and rooted and rommed several times and constantly tinkered with it. I use my phone for business and just found that process consuming too much time and too little instability. So my Thunderbolt has been bone stock since day one, and I don't really miss rooting. If I didn't use my phone for work it would be a different story. So in absence of that, I need a different workaround.

+1. My thoughts exactly.

I use my phone for work too.
Some corporate applications (e.g. Good for Enterprise) can be configured by sysadmins to reject connections from jailbroken/rooted devices: FWIW, they consider these security-compromised devices.

But I rooted my personal ICS 4.0.3 tablet (very recently), and I'm looking for CWM Recovery for it.

Re: PdaNet - see http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111387

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2001400ex

Reaction score
+1. My thoughts exactly.

I use my phone for work too.
Some corporate applications (e.g. Good for Enterprise) can be configured by sysadmins to reject connections from jailbroken/rooted devices: FWIW, they consider these security-compromised devices.

But I rooted my personal ICS 4.0.3 tablet (very recently), and I'm looking for CWM Recovery for it.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

If you are using a DX, you are lucky. You can just instal Foxfi on an unrooted device and it works as a mobile hotspot, totally free. BTW, off topic, but I just upgraded my wife from the DX to the Razr Maxx, and wow that is an awesome upgrade. Foxfi works on that too. Of course at this point in time, waiting for the Razr HD might be the best course of action.