TBolt Accessories - Extended Battery, Wireless Charge Battery Cover, Multimedia Dock

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 18, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

This info about leaked HTC Thunderbolt Accessories, from Phandroid, is a couple of days old, but it seems apropos in light of the recent "weak battery" info regarding the TBolt. There are apparently some useful accessories that will be available soon for the device, and one of them is a bigger battery. According to the leaked Verizon database pics, there will be a 2750 mAh battery for the phone. That's over twice as large as the stock 1400 mAh battery, which should be a welcome add-on to purchase for the phone, (although one could argue that they should have included it with the phone). The battery price in the pic is $49.99.

[​IMG]

There will also be available a Wireless Charging Battery Cover for the phone that will be $39.99. It uses induction charging technology and seems to be a "whiz-bang" feature, but may end up being pretty practical under certain applications.

[​IMG]

Lastly, the article and pics mention a Multimedia Dock for $59.99 that will prop your phone up in landscape-mode. Furthermore, this dock has the ability to charge a second battery while you use it, which could be pretty beneficial since the TBolt is so power hungry. We'll keep our "ears to the ground" and let you know as soon as any more details emerge on these accessories. Or, as soon as you know something, let us all know in this thread.

Source: Phandroid
  2. Padawan

Padawan New Member

The extended life battery is already available (there were 3 in stock at the VZW store I bought my TBolt at). I was all set to buy the battery but then found out that due to the larger size of the battery, It would not fit into the two part cover/holster accessory I was also buying :(

Padawan
  3. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

Today was my first day running this thing without it being plugged in. At 7:30am I unplugged it for class. Besides some very light texting (under 8 sms) and a 2 min phone call after class ended at 11:00am - I was at 60% battery. lol. Now, at college I only had 1 bar of 3G reception but dang. That's definitely a drop in battery life.
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Check your accounts for sync and disable as needed. Helped mine A LOT!

Sent down via a Bolt of lightening!!
  5. funkyb

funkyb New Member

Same here.
  6. ke0kie

ke0kie New Member

Had to do this as well to get OG Droid working w/ acceptable battery life.

Battery technology has got to improve for mobile devices, it is a dumb problem.

--Scott
  7. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

$60 for a dock is a bit much tho...
  8. DroidMastar2

DroidMastar2 New Member

What the heck is that dock made of, and why would anyone buy it lol? Also, now how did they manage to delay the phone, and then still release it with power consumption "issues".
  9. misfortune13

misfortune13 New Member

nice one
    [​IMG]
  10. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

Looks like HTC's major problem is going to rear it's ugly head with this phone too!! I was really hoping they had a solution to the horrible batteries these phones have! My Dinc has just awful battery life I feel like I just go from one plug to the next

Chris
  11. alant40

alant40 New Member

I went into running services and KILLED a bunch of stuff that was doing who knows what. Went back an hour later and they were still not running. Just messaging and stuff like that. Also turned off sync for the market. All this seems to have helped my battery life. What kills me is the battery for the TB is actually smaller in size than the battery in the Incredible. What were they thinking??
  12. DaWolf85

DaWolf85 New Member

They didn't want to make the phone any bigger or heavy than it already was, is my guess.
Search tags for this page

cell phone extended battery

droid bionic wireless charging extended battery cover

droid incredable 2 wireless charge

htc incredible 2 wireless charging inductive battery charger

induction charging with extended batteries

s4 extended battery t bolt

wireless battery