Talking with earbuds/headphone connected

bwpopper

Reaction score
I saw this in another forum somewhere.

Settings -> Call -> TTY mode -> TTY VCO

It works for me.

Thanks! I tried it this morning and now I can ditch the extra gear. I'm surprised this isn't better documented in the owners' manual!

I went back and double checked the owners manual and there is no reference that I could find about this setting. I also never heard anything from the complaint I filed on the HTC site. Since it's such an easy fix, I'm surprised they aren't advertising it more, since apparently a LOT of people were upset about this.

Never underestimate the ability of a company to misjudge the importance of the little things. In all actuality, it's not a huge issue, but it's one of those things that nobody should have to devote a second's thought to.

All told, I am really enjoying this phone. The battery is lousy, but it seems like all the HTC phones of this size have those issues, and I knew that coming in. Disabling the LTE radio has helped a bunch, but I want to squeeze a few more hours out of a charge without springing for the extended battery. Installed Das BAMF last night hoping to get it through a work day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TJF2011

Reaction score
that also worked for me too... however.. it leaves the TTY icon in my notification bar and it will not go away until i restart my phone. Which is really annoying, but atleast there was a fix to the problem of not being able to be heard... if anyone knows how to make it so it does not show up... please please let me know.

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I tried TTY vco thing and it worked with an ear bud, but not in my car when plugged into the aux port.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

swieder

Reaction score
TTY VCO on/off widget?

Thanks for reposting solution, that used to bug me!

TTY VCO works nicely when my Tbolt is plugged into my car audio and I want to use the Tbolt mic. However, with TTY VCO turned on I cannot use the mic on my wired headet.

If there was a widget to turn TTY VCO on and off that would be very handy.

Does anyone else see the problem with wire headsets that have a MIC?

thanks,
Scott

Last edited: