Tablet

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a tablet. Any suggestions.? Not really caring for the top of the line stuff. Just one that's good. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID Bionic using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There are definitely alot of good tabs out there... are ya looking for a 7" or 10" inch tab?

The Nexus 7 is nice, we have a sister site for that if ya wanted to check it out... Nexus Tablet Forum

We also have an Android Tabs site that discussess ALOT of tabs... Android Tablet Forum

We have a few other sister sites too :) for the Xoom, Galaxy Tab, Acer, Transformer and Thrive...so many choices! Good luck on your search...

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which one is cheaper? 7in or 10in?

Snoking

Reaction score
I have an Acer Iconia A200 10 inch tablet and like it. I am tethered on WiFi to my HTC Rezound typing this reply. The A200 has both full size and micro USB ports, a micro SD slot that I put a 16g WM 24.95 6x card in. 12v charger was inexpensive. Came with ICS, and should get JB. Great display.

Cons: No rear camera. Charges on round charger input plug, (allows higher charge rate). No HDMI port.

Price was reasonable.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an Acer Iconia A200 10 inch tablet and like it. I am tethered on WiFi to my HTC Rezound typing this reply. The A200 has both full size and micro USB ports, a micro SD slot that I put a 16g WM 24.95 6x card in. 12v charger was inexpensive. Came with ICS, and should get JB. Great display.

Cons: No rear camera. Charges on round charger input plug, (allows higher charge rate). No HDMI port.

Price was reasonable.

And how much was it?

Snoking

Reaction score
I paid 349 at BB. Online they are available now for less.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's not that bad.. what about the XOOM. Do you know anything about it?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Unless you're going for a cheap off-brand tablet, 9 times out of 10, a 7" tablet will be cheaper just because it's smaller.

If you're going for a 7" tablet or a less expensive tablet, go with the Nexus 7, hands down. Great price, great specs, and updates straight from Google.

If you're going for a 10" tablet, I think the Asus Transformer TF300 is the best option out there at the moment. There are higher-end Transformer models (Prime, Infinity), but they're both pricier and don't provide the bang for your buck that the TF300 does in my opinion. Not only do you get top-notch specs, but you also get the best support in the industry from Asus, who is almost always the first to push out new updates. The TF300 has had Jelly Bean for a couple weeks now when the Verizon Galaxy Nexus still hasn't received it. Asus is also extremely responsive in fixing any issues that might arrive. And a big plus with any of the Transformer models is the keyboard dock that turns the tablet into a full-fledged Android laptop. In the dock, along with the keyboard, you get a full-size USB port (a great thing for external drives and accessories, including game controllers), a full-size SD card slot, and extra battery life. You're looking at up to 16 hours of battery life between the tablet battery and the keyboard dock battery (and the keyboard dock charges the tablet battery). The TF300 also has a microSD card slot and HDMI out.

So, in my opinion if you want a 7" tablet or a more affordable option, go with the Nexus 7. If you want a 10" model that offers more features and the best support available (outside of direct support from Google), go with the TF300. Ironically enough, both of those tablets are manufactured by Asus. Google went with Asus for the Nexus 7 because of their quality, success, and the support they provide.

Last edited:
OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yaa I might look into the nexus 7! Thanks.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
It really depends on what you plan to use it for. I have a Motorola Xoom WiFi and love it, have had it for about 1.5 years now. I use it at home and work. I really like the new Nexus 7. Luckily since my Xoom is WiFi (not Verizon) I already have Jellybean 4.1 which is a plus. I don't have any experience with other tables. I am thinking about getting my dad the Nexus 7 for x-mas for home use. I'm not saying that the Nexus 7 would be a home only device but he wouldn't use it for games. He would use it for internet browsing and news updates mainly. I play some games (Deadtrigger) on my tablet all the time and enjoy the bigger screen on the Xoom.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're goal is mainly content consumption, as much as I love the Nexus 7, you might wait and check out the new Kindle Fire HD's when they're released.