Needing a new tablet

ZBacks

Reaction score
Looking to replace our old Asus Transformer Prime tablet and need advise. Would really like to have the new tablet have a HDMI port or have the capability to connect to a TV with a HDMI cable. Are there any good tablets on the market now that have a HDMI port? Thanks!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I don't have any tablet suggestions but there are hdmi adapters that you can use if there is a non-hdmi tablet you like

OP
Z

ZBacks

Reaction score
I don't have any tablet suggestions but there are hdmi adapters that you can use if there is a non-hdmi tablet you like
I like the galaxy tab s3 but my understanding is that the adapters don't work with it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm waiting on my shipment for the acer chrome tab 10. I plan on doing a review of it so I'll update this thread with my thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Z

ZBacks

Reaction score
you would want the one that the adapter would not work on :)
Haha that's why I'm posting here for alternatives. What's close in price and features to the S3?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Haha that's why I'm posting here for alternatives. What's close in price and features to the S3?

what can I say, was just a suggestion. anyway, just did a bit of research and finding most tablets are eliminating the ability to use hdmi cables. the ones that do have it, imo, are dated or will be dated soon because of release date so I won't even mention those. they are going with the ability to mirror or through casting if you want to play content on your tv.

OP
Z

ZBacks

Reaction score
what can I say, was just a suggestion. anyway, just did a bit of research and finding most tablets are eliminating the ability to use hdmi cables. the ones that do have it, imo, are dated or will be dated soon because of release date so I won't even mention those. they are going with the ability to mirror or through casting if you want to play content on your tv.
At home mirroring works well, but I use it more on vacations and like the ability to plug in to the TV for the kids.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is just a thought / suggestion. Instead of a tablet, what about a decent used Chromebook. I bought mine for $100 and most have HDMI ports. They boot up way faster than any phone, tablet or PC. It could be a cheap, easy way to watch movies via HDMI to a TV while on vacation. Like I said, just offering some alternative ideas to a tablet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'll later c&p the entire article but for now I'm going to post my thoughts that link to an article. I'm about to get some dental work done in a minute but after playing with a few tablets this week and doing some research this is my conclusion. Sorry Android Fans you will need to turn to Apple for all your tablet needs

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

so you are jumping ship and going to an apple tablet? my only gripe about apple ipad is not being able to customize. I like the flower type design and drawers the smart launcher has. rows are boring, especially on the home screen. I have lots of purchased apple store apps I would love to use again.

the article is right though, android tablets releases are few and far between these days. I am hoping samsung will be announcing a new one soon.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so you are jumping ship and going to an apple tablet? my only gripe about apple ipad is not being able to customize. I like the flower type design and drawers the smart launcher has. rows are boring, especially on the home screen. I have lots of purchased apple store apps I would love to use again.

the article is right though, android tablets releases are few and far between these days. I am hoping samsung will be announcing a new one soon.

It's not that I want to go to Apple it's just apple is the only real viable option. I talked about earlier in this thread how I was excited about the Chrome Tab 10. Well it appears that I was more excited about it than Google and Acer as they are not even putting that device out there with confidence.

The iPad has issues. I hate that it can not add external storage. And I would love to see a chrome tablet step it up. But until that happens if a person is in the market for a tablet I honestly have to recommend an iPad. With an iPad you can load up all your Google Apps to make it feel like an android tablet. And it works.

With chromebooks .....well it is not a tablet. Some people want a tablet for reading books or having something larger than a phone to interact with. I love my Samsung Chromebook Plus but it is not a tablet.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
It's not that I want to go to Apple it's just apple is the only real viable option. I talked about earlier in this thread how I was excited about the Chrome Tab 10. Well it appears that I was more excited about it than Google and Acer as they are not even putting that device out there with confidence.

The iPad has issues. I hate that it can not add external storage. And I would love to see a chrome tablet step it up. But until that happens if a person is in the market for a tablet I honestly have to recommend an iPad. With an iPad you can load up all your Google Apps to make it feel like an android tablet. And it works.

With chromebooks .....well it is not a tablet. Some people want a tablet for reading books or having something larger than a phone to interact with. I love my Samsung Chromebook Plus but it is not a tablet.

lets not forget that just about every walmart sells the ipad :) it is the most convenient to get. I agree about the chromebook. since I got the tablet, I no longer need a laptop or anything close like a chromebook. They are just too large to use, especially on the porcelain throne :) I think if I were to get a chromebook, it would be a two in one.