T-Mobile Unveils 'Un-carrier X' Initiative Called 'Binge On'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
binegon-t-mo.png

The rumors on October 29th that T-Mobile would unveil an unlimited streaming option for their customers has proven to be accurate. The pink network just unveiled their Un-carrier X initiative and it's called "Binge On." This new plan will let users stream most of the popular video services over its network without counting against their monthly data limits. T-Mo is kicking off this plan with 24 of the most popular video streaming options, and we have a list below.

During the event, they also made it clear that they won't be charging any additional fees to the video services. That means the smaller companies need not fret about getting gouged priced out of the program. Here's the list below, and T-Mobile customers with Simple Choice plans can start streaming these 24 video services without caps on Sunday, November 15th.
For more info you can check out T-Mo's landing page here: Binge On | Video Streaming without Using Your 4G LTE Data | T-Mobile

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Hmm this interests me. A large part of my internet usage on my phone is due to Netflix. With unlimited video streaming and music streaming, my unlimited data plan is essentially not needed. I would probably fall under a gig or two.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This is one sweet deal for those of you on T-Mobile. The only question now is, how much will it cost you? And is tethering included?

S5 tap'n

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Be aware the entire event yesterday was misleading . once nov 15 hits unlimited goes to 95 bucks for new users old can stay at 80 bucks. Im told that the 14 gig tethering will be available to the 80 dollar plan but have a lack of trust on that from everything else i learned today. there is no 1 -3 -5 anymore and those on it now dont get double data as advertised, they must change plans which increases 1 gig user by 5 bucks to go to 3., a 5 gig user can go to 6gig for 5 less but to double to 10 will cost 10 dollars more. while you can stay on current plans you dont get double data as the event suggested for free. Everyone does get the 480p no data charge streaming from the certain services though which if 480P is cool with you is a good deal( i think 480p on my phne would be fine). I have called legere out on this on twitter he continues to double speak. I had planned on saying screw you vzw but now i would rather stay with the company that says it plain and clear bend over or leave, Not the entire con job legere put out yesterday. Only thanks to tech sites do we know that they are raising prices in 4 days. Not mentioned on tmobiles site as of this morning anyways and definitely not mentioned in the hour and a half yesterday. Legere proved tmobile is just as slimey as att and vzw. and at 95 for unlimited they now cost more than the new rate for unlimited on vzw. granted not unlimited voice or text but i never get close to my minutes and only go over txt due to work and not by much. Ill stay with what i got as while i thought everything tmobile was doing i never really looked into the specifics before today and what i found today was the entire presentation was misleading . was well announced that it all starts on the 15th, so of course a good portion of people would wait until than to go to them only to find out the cheapest price point is no longer available and unlimited is 15 more.