swype

iPirate

Reaction score
Swype experience would be more enjoyable if you didnt have to jump threw so many hoops to get it installed.

I can't say I enjoyed using it that much but it was a huge pain to install!

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
I downloaded the blue one from Droid-Life and it works perfectly. I'm not sure which version it is either, not sure how to check it. They now have a red and gold theme. All look nice. Now if only someone could make some home screen themes for us non rooted droids.

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
No you don't need to be rooted. First go here: Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog - Part 3 scroll down and download the swype theme/color you want to your computer. Do not unzip the file. Download astro from the market on your droid, astro is free. Make sure that you delete any version of swype if you already have it on your droid, you can use astro to delete if you need to. Next, mount your droid to your pc and move the file to your Sd card. Just drop it in, no need to put it in any folder. Unmount and open up astro, search for the file and upload swype. Once its uploaded, go to your settings and make sure swype is check in the Keyboard settings. Now go to your messanger and press and hold to type, select use swype method. You're done!

uflraptor

Reaction score
I love Swype. I find myself using the slide out keyboard less and less.