Swype vs SlideIT vs Shapewriter? All look great (and similar)!

dfmember

Reaction score
I just bought SlideIT and loveIT! Swype will be available one day.... Then we'll just let the best man win! :icon_ banana:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I am now a Swype user and a Paid SlideIT user and i love them both. Currently i like Swype more because of its better accuracy but if the swype beta times out i know i will have a good app (SlideIT) to fall back on :icon_ banana:

Kobra

Reaction score
I currently use swype but does any of these others ones have the option for voice to text like the HTC keyboard, and 2.1 keyboard does? If so that would be the way i would go. It would be nice to have that feature on swype as I love using voice when driving. I have both the HTC keyboard and 2.1 keyboard but hate changing to them every time I want to use the voice feature, as I mainly type with swype keyboard.

Dunc

Reaction score
Swype just stopped working for me. I installed it just over a month ago and today I got a notification that saying "your trial period has not ended, please considering upgrading."

EDIT: But what is annoy is that I can't upgrade it. I would if I could.
EDIT 2: I just got SlideIT because going back to manual pecking is just not an option after using Swype. I really hope Swype hurries up because this SlideIT keyboard sucks A LOT. :mad:

Last edited:

wernst

Reaction score
I currently use swype but does any of these others ones have the option for voice to text like the HTC keyboard, and 2.1 keyboard does? If so that would be the way i would go. It would be nice to have that feature on swype as I love using voice when driving. I have both the HTC keyboard and 2.1 keyboard but hate changing to them every time I want to use the voice feature, as I mainly type with swype keyboard.

I too miss the HTC's keyboard's voice input features, but then I thought about what apps I really need voice in. Google search and Handcent SMS are really the only ones, and they have voice features embedded without needing it built into the keyboard. As such, I'll stick with swype.

-Warr

wernst

Reaction score
While trolling the Swype "forum" I just learned about two features. I really like them, but I wonder if others have missed.

First, there's an "editing keyboard" complete with arrow keys, cut/copy/paste, Delete and Backspace keys, and such. You get to it by swyping from the Swype button to the SYM button. Awesome!

The second is a numeric keypad. Swype from the swype key to the F key (which has the number 5 on it).

I must say that the editing keyboard is an answer to my prayers. Too bad I didn't know about it for the past few weeks.

Hope this helps someone else.

-Warr

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Swype just stopped working for me. I installed it just over a month ago and today I got a notification that saying "your trial period has not ended, please considering upgrading."

EDIT 2: I just got SlideIT because going back to manual pecking is just not an option after using Swype. I really hope Swype hurries up because this SlideIT keyboard sucks A LOT. :mad:

SlideIT actually doesnt suck. You got to get used to it and out of the habits of texting with Swype and it will be a very close comparison for you.

butch350

Reaction score

It's not a drag to change underwear is it?

butch350

Reaction score

SlideIT actually doesnt suck. You got to get used to it and out of the habits of texting with Swype and it will be a very close comparison for you.

Do a search for "SWYPE" on this site and you can download the latest
version of "SWYPE", yes...right here on this site.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Technically, it is not the "latest version." It is version 5612; the latest is 5652. However, it is a perfectly acceptable and usable version.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Yeah i got Swype and it is my main keyboard but SlideIT is very close in comparison. Both have their Pros and Cons and both are much better than the stock keyboard or ShapeWriter.

Riddick

Reaction score

Yeah i got Swype and it is my main keyboard but SlideIT is very close in comparison. Both have their Pros and Cons and both are much better than the stock keyboard or ShapeWriter.

What makes them both better than shapewriter?

Chilazr

Reaction score
Well this was posted with SlideIT. I'm still getting the hang of it. Of course, I've only been using this for the past three minutes or so. But the program seems really smart as far as predicting what it is that I'm trying to say. I don't know if I'm completely sold on it yet though. This is the first time I've tried a slider style keyboard before. I'll try swype as well to get a comparison.