Swype Installer

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by o Fi1thy, Jul 18, 2010.

1. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am apart of the swype beta and I change roms/themes like i change clothes. So the other day I changed to CM6 and tried to reinstall swype. It said I had installed it too many times and reached my limt. the first time i installed it, it would say Swype-1.apk or the 14th time i installed it swype-14.apk. Is that just a way to keep track of my installs or is the apk file hidden somewhere that im not seeing.

I tried Slideit and Swiftkey but Swype is king in my mind and im dyiing without it.

2. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you have another installer in folder it adds-# to it. I had -3 then today ) deleted all and d/s was named normal.
    but this prob is not related to the limit.

3. Duhman

Duhman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is not the proper solution but I have found it to be the best and easiest for me.

I used to do the SwypeInstaller method for each new ROM I tried out because it would never work properly when I restored the app w/ Titanium, but eventually reached my maximum download limit. Per Swype's website I emailed them to reset my download count , blah blah, etc.. and they never got back to me. So while looking thru forums over at XDA I found that you can download the Milestone Swype apk and keep it on your sdcard and just install it each time you move to a new ROM.. it solved all my Swype issues.

To find it, just google "Swype apk milestone". It was the first link from megaupload. I uninstalled the Swype installer and any previous non working Swype keyboards, then just installed the Milestone apk from the sdcard as normal.

HTH

4. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hahah I did that even before i read this. I dont consider it wrong. I feel pretty justified in downloading it. I dont ever download apks but there is an exception to every rule i guess lol

5. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you log into the swype website and explain the problem you're experiencing, they'll take care of you. This works, of course, only if you are already a legitimate Swype beta tester.

Search tags for this page

file location swype beta installer