Swype Installer

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
I am apart of the swype beta and I change roms/themes like i change clothes. So the other day I changed to CM6 and tried to reinstall swype. It said I had installed it too many times and reached my limt. the first time i installed it, it would say Swype-1.apk or the 14th time i installed it swype-14.apk. Is that just a way to keep track of my installs or is the apk file hidden somewhere that im not seeing.

I tried Slideit and Swiftkey but Swype is king in my mind and im dyiing without it.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you have another installer in folder it adds-# to it. I had -3 then today ) deleted all and d/s was named normal.
but this prob is not related to the limit.

Duhman

Reaction score
I am apart of the swype beta and I change roms/themes like i change clothes. So the other day I changed to CM6 and tried to reinstall swype. It said I had installed it too many times and reached my limt. the first time i installed it, it would say Swype-1.apk or the 14th time i installed it swype-14.apk. Is that just a way to keep track of my installs or is the apk file hidden somewhere that im not seeing.

I tried Slideit and Swiftkey but Swype is king in my mind and im dyiing without it.

This is not the proper solution but I have found it to be the best and easiest for me.

I used to do the SwypeInstaller method for each new ROM I tried out because it would never work properly when I restored the app w/ Titanium, but eventually reached my maximum download limit. Per Swype's website I emailed them to reset my download count , blah blah, etc.. and they never got back to me. So while looking thru forums over at XDA I found that you can download the Milestone Swype apk and keep it on your sdcard and just install it each time you move to a new ROM.. it solved all my Swype issues.

To find it, just google "Swype apk milestone". It was the first link from megaupload. I uninstalled the Swype installer and any previous non working Swype keyboards, then just installed the Milestone apk from the sdcard as normal.

HTH

OP
o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
hahah I did that even before i read this. I dont consider it wrong. I feel pretty justified in downloading it. I dont ever download apks but there is an exception to every rule i guess lol

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you log into the swype website and explain the problem you're experiencing, they'll take care of you. This works, of course, only if you are already a legitimate Swype beta tester.