Swype growing and growing....

airborne3e9

Reaction score
btw...it works great...he cut some of the crap out off it

Can you tell me what was changed?

thr r less keyboards...when u hit the button next to the swipe button on the bottom it goes thru less keyboards and he made it look nicer...the keys look the same but the popups r cleaner and nicer...havent had 1 problem with it...besides that not sure what else is dif

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
~ 9mb for Swype is what it has used for install since Day 1. No need to worry folks.

dtartini

Reaction score
OP
FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I have Swype now, I was asking about the HTC keyboard.

eh, get rid of it and start using the HTC IME keyboard...it's unbelieveable and so accurate! I was a swype fanboy until i used that...
Is this on the market our only for rooted phones? I'd give it a try.

Its not on the market but you dont need root. Their site is Swype | Text Input for Screens. You can download it and install from the SD card.

x888x

Reaction score

I believe swype grows even though you aren't physically adding to the dictionary because it "remembers". If you are not quite accurate and the screen pops up prompting you to pick a word, you will notice that after you make the same mistake a few times it remembers your mistake and automatically inserts the word even though you are off.

Neupy

Reaction score
I believe swype grows even though you aren't physically adding to the dictionary because it "remembers". If you are not quite accurate and the screen pops up prompting you to pick a word, you will notice that after you make the same mistake a few times it remembers your mistake and automatically inserts the word even though you are off.

Thats not so..a hundred times a day I have to delete utah when I want to say yeah it drives me friggin insane...no matter how many times ive put yeah in the dic

allikanbe

Reaction score
Thats not so..a hundred times a day I have to delete utah when I want to say yeah it drives me friggin insane...no matter how many times ive put yeah in the dic

I just swyped utah about 8 times in a row. yeah never showed up. my guess is that your finger is not starting on the U.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am also quite interested in the functional differences between Swype and Swype Lite - what was listed previously helps but not definitive enough for me (especially since I really like what I have, but the footprint is huge).

dmo580

Reaction score
eh, get rid of it and start using the HTC IME keyboard...it's unbelieveable and so accurate! I was a swype fanboy until i used that...
Is this on the market our only for rooted phones? I'd give it a try.

No, it's on XDA. They ported it over onto Nexus One but it works fine for Droid. I'm a pretty good iPhone typer and honestly the Android keyboard is atrocious. Although we still lack multitouch on the keyboard, this is as close as you're gonna get. I'd never touch the stock keyboard after going HTC.

Best typing on Android still goes to Hero and Droid Eris for having multitouch on those soft keyboards... or do they? I need to go back and try those phones again now that I've been using HTC IME on my Milestone...

OP
FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER

Reaction score

I tried to download and use Swpe Lite but it came back with an error after setting it up about the screen size and wouldn't work so I uninstalled it. I installed the Ported HTC IME keyboard today and wow is this nice, its probably the auto correct/predict that really does it for me since I am flying on this keyboard. If that feature was on the Swype it would be a winner. I also have to say my phone is faster overall now that Swype is gone, not sure why but it definitely is. So for now Swype is gone for me.