Switching Google accounts for Drive on Chromebook

silverfang77

Reaction score
Basically, if I switch accounts to use Google Drive, it gives me an error saying that I have to log out of my current account, then log in with one of the other Google accounts that I added to Chrome to access stuff on my different Google Drives. Other Google sites, such as Google and YouTube, don't require this and let me switch accounts on the fly.

Why the extra hassle with Drive?

Thank you.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Does Drive interface with the filesystem on your Chromebook? If so, that might be the reason why. I know on my Win 10 PC, I could only be signed into one Drive at a time when I had their application installed, likely since it tied into the filesystem and showed up in Explorer. Pretty much the same with Dropbox and OneDrive. I no longer use Drive, but one trick if you want to temporarily access Drive through a browser is to open an Incognito window in Chrome, and log into it that way.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
If, by interfacing with my Chromebook's file system, you mean Drive and its folders showing up on the left pane of the file manager window, then yes it does. But it also stops me from switching on the fly in Chrome browser on my Win 10 PC. I don't have the Google Drive program installed on my Win 10 computer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk