How to switch between google accounts on Google voice?

Saphira2021

Reaction score
I have Galaxy S4 with Verizon. I want to be able to make phone calls with Google voice number showing up instead of my cell number. I think I can do it out of chrome app but there it shows I am signed in to a different gmail account of mine and I am unable to sign out or switch accounts. It can't be that difficult but I am not able to figure out how to do it. There is no button to log out and if I switch to gmail in the browser and sign out it continues to remember ny other account on Google voice page. I am not using Google voice app as I understand it won't allow me to make phone calls out?

Would really appreciate some help. Thank you

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Have you tried using Google Hangouts? I know it comes with a dialer for calling with your google voice number. I just tried it. I called my carrier number from my g voice number and my phone rang while I waited for myself to answer. It was trippy. I didn't answer it for fear of being sucked into an alternate dimension.

You can add a google account in the settings of Hangouts. Perhaps you can have both setup in there and use g voice on the account you want?

OP
S

Saphira2021

Reaction score
Thank you, Jonny. I will try that but was hoping for a simple solution. There got to be a way to switch between accounts in Google voice on android. It is such a basic need.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
As I recall a Google voice account is setup with a single Google email, thus switching may not be an option.

OP
S

Saphira2021

Reaction score
As I recall a Google voice account is setup with a single Google email, thus switching may not be an option.
But that is exactly what I am talking about. I have a number of gmail accounts and it seems my android decided on one and is looking for gv account but there isn't one. I need to switch to another gmail account where there is a gv account.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
But that is exactly what I am talking about. I have a number of gmail accounts and it seems my android decided on one and is looking for gv account but there isn't one. I need to switch to another gmail account where there is a gv account.
For the most part, the first Gmail account that you signed in with is the default on your phone. It will automatically sign you into that account in any Google app. Many of them let you add an additional Google account though.

Sent from my Note 4

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I setup my GV long ago on an account I use on occasion, if you know the account you used, on the device with an issue, delete the GV app, reinstall it then setup the account that's valid.