Swift key

trtuttle

Reaction score
Anyone ever used this swift key x. Not sure what advantage it has over Swype except the grammar may improve. Love Swype but wow grammar on it makes me look really bad sometimes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

NorthGuard

Reaction score
I have swiftkey x. I never really did like swype just because I was constantly changing the words I just swyped. Swiftkey is at least better than the stock keyboard, plus it has a little more customization to it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JRParsons

Reaction score
Swiftkey is really good, it will get better as you use it. Eventually you will be able to write a 10 word sentence and only touch the phone about 14 times. It's predictions are scary good.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I have swift key x and like it, but it does lag a little here and there. It does predictions really well, however.

marlonvps

Reaction score
I dont like SwiftKey X, it forces the "corrected" word too much.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I purchased Swift Key awhile back and have tried on numerous occasions to go back to it and give it a shot, and I find I still type faster and more accurate on the stock keyboard. I have gone through all the settings and changed everything that I can think of and still can't seem to come to terms with liking it.

I think my fingers are just too big and clumsy for it to work for me.

JKZ

Reaction score
I use it. You can turn off the forcing of the corrected word.
I don't use any other keyboard.

Exactly, turning off the force option really helps. Took me awhile to figure that out, but now it's great. Amazing how well it predicts words. It's the only keyboard I use now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

TatDroid

Reaction score
Another user and lover of SwiftKeyX. Predictions are awesome, and get better and better the more you use it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thegreatone3

Reaction score
Love it and the beta of SwiftKey 3 (get it from their user forum). Love the customizations that you don't get with stock. The corrections / predictions have been out standing for me. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Ditto on the beta. Pretty cool on the allowance of sloppiness. Better than the x version anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

canezila

Reaction score
I perfer X over beta 3. In beta 3, you can not accelerate the alt number or symbal when pressing a key and holding it. I usually set it very fast so that passwords with numbers fly off my fingers. It makes thing super fast. Also.. beta 3 doesnt allow for the removal of popups. I hate seeing the number or letter pop up. So I am loyal to X. Beta 3 is free so its worth a try if you want to test it.

cece5702

Reaction score
Where do you turn off the force option? I dont see it.
Exactly, turning off the force option really helps. Took me awhile to figure that out, but now it's great. Amazing how well it predicts words. It's the only keyboard I use now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JKZ

Reaction score
Go into the Swiftkey settings and click on "input settings". The top two boxes says "auto complete" and "auto accept", make sure they are unchecked. If they are checked, every time you are typing and hit the space bar, it will automatically make your last word you typed the middle suggestion word. That can be a little annoying at times because it's not always the word you want.

Where do you turn off the force option? I dont see it.

cece5702

Reaction score
I must have an outdated version because I dont have that in my settings.
Go into the Swiftkey settings and click on "input settings". The top two boxes says "auto complete" and "auto accept", make sure they are unchecked. If they are checked, every time you are typing and hit the space bar, it will automatically make your last word you typed the middle suggestion word. That can be a little annoying at times because it's not always the word you want.