SuperCam for Driod or new security software

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by DogPaw, Nov 27, 2009.

1. DogPaw

DogPaw New Member

How long until we see SuperCam for Droid? This is a great security app that allows you to monitor your home security system. Iphone offers it in their market for viewing q-see security cameras.
  2. wbbgjr

wbbgjr New Member

Check out IP Camera.
  3. DogPaw

DogPaw New Member

SuperCam is now in the Market Place but it does not seem to be working all that well. SuperCam logs into my system and shows what cameras are recording but I am not able to receive a live picture. They need to work the rest of the bugs out of SuperCam.
  4. lovedgame@gmail.com

lovedgame@gmail.com New Member

OMg I change from blackBerry to droid to use this app
    I have special need Doughter that I would like to monitor her care taker.
    I can't do it from work due to high security.
    please help
  5. gadget_guy

gadget_guy New Member

I have been in contact with Q-see. They have said they are working on two Android applications to support their products. One is due out in less than 2 weeks. The other is a couple months away. I was told my model QSDT8DP would be supported by the app due out in less than 2 weeks.

They said they would post info on the supported products tech spec page on q-see.com. I plan to bug them often about it. Not sure what the application will be called, if it will be supercam again or if they give it a new name.
  6. DogPaw

DogPaw New Member

Thanks gadget_guy I have been waiting for this for months. I bought the IP Cam program and that guy has every camera type but the Q-See. He is always adding cameras but there must be a problem with Q-See. I would love to see a new application added for the Droid. Keep us posted and what you find out.
  7. gadget_guy

gadget_guy New Member

Yeah, I was a little disappointed when I finally got my droid phones and learned SuperCAM was not in the market. I had done searches on my home computer finding others say they had or didn't have luck with the application on droid phones. I have attempted several other programs (IP camera being one) and several settings on each, but no luck thus far.

I am holding my breath. I will let everyone know the minute I get it working.
  8. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

The program IP Cam Viewer is quite nice. It works great for viewing my home system running on a Geovision equipped computer.
  9. gadget_guy

gadget_guy New Member

I have not tried the paid version of that program, but tried the free version. It does not support Q-see products like I have at my house. It is pretty nice for other stuff - I now have that configured to view some of the local traffic cameras around my area to see if there are traffic jams without having to get to the DOT's website and find the camera feeds.

However, I need an app that supports Q-see products so if my alarm system goes off (with the app IPfob I can view and control my alarm system from the droid) but I currently need a computer running internet explorer to log into and view my security cameras. All video runs 24/7 and is backed up offsite, but I want this on my droid. Iphone - sure. Droid ... soon I hope.
  10. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

You could try checking with the Dev of IP cam viewer. I know he is quite responsive and may be able to easily add support for your needs, especially if you purchase the app.
  11. EA.Droyd

EA.Droyd New Member

I too would like to see this for Q-See use.
  12. gadget_guy

gadget_guy New Member

I was able to get the download link to work from this site! So far this works perfect. I can only view one camera at a time, but that works for me. Will download to the wife's Droid tonight. SuperCam Android application - AppStoreHQ
  13. gadget_guy

gadget_guy New Member

Ok works on my HTC incredible and wife's MOTO. I guess there are some bugs like it starts with some random ip address even though I have my ip saved and to exit you go to menu and hit the back button and a poorly worded window pops up. But it does work. I was going to include a snap shot but don't know how yet.
  14. EA.Droyd

EA.Droyd New Member

So, does this work for the Q-see line of DVRs? Will this app be able to display multible cameras at some point in the future? And lastly, is this the app that Q-see has been working on?
  15. EA.Droyd

EA.Droyd New Member

Well, I tried to download this app and was not able to do it. Is this a paid app? Can I get this from the stock android market? Any help with downloading this please let me know, I don't know if I have to log on to do this or not. Thanks in advance for any afforded help.
  16. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

If your alarm company uses Alarm.com, they finally have a beta version of their mobile software for Android in the Market. Working great for me...
  17. EA.Droyd

EA.Droyd New Member

Well, It seems that Super Cam for android has been pulled from the markets. Perhaps it'll be back soon as this was my last hope to moniter my DVR system while away.
  18. EA.Droyd

EA.Droyd New Member

Since this has been pulled from the market, can I receive this download from someone who has it? Is this improper to ask this here on the forum?
    I'd like to have this as I can't find anything else that would work with the Q-See and Moto Droid.
  19. safetchief

safetchief New Member

SuperCam has been renewed as of yesterday May 19 2010. It works great with Q-see. I had a previous version, but when I exchanged my Droid for a replacement I could no longer get it on the Market. Now it is available as a new version which even works better!!!!
  20. EA.Droyd

EA.Droyd New Member

Well, I found out the hard way that my DVR(QSD-6204) is not compatible with Super Cam. I contacted Q-See and they confirmed this. They told me that only one DVR is usable with android and it has a moniter attached as a one piece design. So, my question to you is; what DVR are you all using with the Super Cam app? I've been to Comp-USA and all of their Q-See DVRs have mobile phone compatibilties, however, it seems they are for just the Iphone only. Does using the Super Cam app get around this so you can use any "smartphone" to view your cameras remotely?

So again, what Q-See DVR models are in use for the Super Cam app?

Thanks
Search tags for this page
android market supercam
galaxy s4 forum
how do i get super dvr for android
q-see android app failed connection
qsdt8dp android
super cam android
super cam android app download
super cam download for android
super cam port forwarding

supercam android