Super slow droid!!! Need help bad!!!

geoff5093

Reaction score
I would temp root and clean cache before doing a system wipe....

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter
If he roots, then there is so much more he can do with his phone that would speed it up.

REMilk

Reaction score
I suggest that you remove littpe used apps until you have 30 mb memory free. I find that when I go under 30 mb, the performance degrades. I think this has to do with little memory available for cache.

chevyspd

Reaction score
I can tell you I had this same issue, but I was determined to fix it without rooting. So I did what everyone here has suggested to no avail. Then I decided to dl estrongs file explorer from the market and see just how much I could clean up if I could see all the files for myself. Much to my surprise, I found lots and lots of stored files for programs that I had deleted trying to fix this very issue. Two of the main ones I remember were Flikie wallpapers cache files and zedge operating files. Among moving some files around for easier access, I deleted these two folders off of my sd card. I will let you know too that these files and folders were still on the sd card after uninstalling the programs and then doing a factory hard reset. Once I deleted those, problem solved....my d1 with froyo 2.2 is wayyyy faster than it ever was with 2.1 and I am now running launcher pro with everything set to maximize display beauty AND a live wallpaper with about 6 fulltime active widgets. All this on my UNROOTED d1. So I suggest seeing what all is left on ur sd card that u don't use and deleting that garbage off there....with that being said....
DISCLAIMER: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY BE INCURRED TO YOUR PHONE WHEN USING A FILE EXPLORER PROGRAM. BE CAREFUL, YOU COULD DELETE SOMETHING YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY NEED!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

lanza_david

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue. did a factory reset and it seemed to fix or, but after installing some apps
it is doing the same. Very annoying. I also had deleted stuff from the sd card to no avail.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

theonuts

Reaction score
i have the same issue. verizon said factory reset, which didnt really help, just was more of a pain the butt. hopefully i can hold out till august when i can upgrade.