super quiet calls

seventieslord

Reaction score
Is this a known problem with the D2G?

Sometimes when I am making a call, it is so quiet that I can't hear the person on the other line unless I really concentrate hard on their voice. If I try to switch to speaker, I hear nothing. I know that this isn't "supposed" to be this way, because I can usually end the call and call back, and it will be fine, and failing that, I can at least reboot to fix the problem. The first time this happened, it appeared to be isolated but now it's happening more frequently... it's pretty annoying. Any advice?

destes37

Reaction score
Call Verizon and hope for the best when they send out a certified like new replacement. I had this same issue and it got to where i could not hear at all. The Global seems to be a really crappy phone in my opinion and i am extremely tired of the clnr's i am being sent. I plan on contacting Motorola about this. Good luck!

OP
S

seventieslord

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought this phone on ebay, but it was brand new and unlocked. It was from a reputable seller who sells hundreds of new and unlocked phones. Don't know what recourse I will have here.

slayerbizkit

Reaction score
Had this problem too one night but I'm not sure exactly how I fixed it. I just tinkered with the sound settings a bunch, reset the phone a few times, remove my phone case/screen protector and cleaned the dirt out of my receiver and it mysteriously started working fine again.

OP
S

seventieslord

Reaction score
I posted a solution to this on another thread; here is the link:

D2G callers only coming out of speakerphone - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

It worked for me and hopefully it will work for you.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Thanks, I did see that thread before, but it didn't look exactly like the problem I was having so I started a new one instead.

I love widgetsoid and will use a volume switcher if I have to, but I don't think that's the problem. My call volume is all the way up when I experience this problem, and like I said, if I hang up and call back, there's a 50% chance I will have good volume upon reconnecting. Without touching the volume, naturally. So this should not be a volume issue.

jojoferari

Reaction score
I actually had the same problem as you, but had also had issues similiar to the other op. Good luck, its a weird glitch because I can't figure out what is triggering it to save my life.

OP
S

seventieslord

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw that a factory reset fixed it, for a couple of months at least. That would not be so bad. I could backup all my apps, settings, contacts, calls, etc with Titanium Backup and do a factory reset and then restore everything... unless there is a downside I am not seeing here.

yeoj1323

Reaction score
originally i had the same problem, all i needed to do was pull the battery and it worked fine after a minuet

OP
S

seventieslord

Reaction score
originally i had the same problem, all i needed to do was pull the battery and it worked fine after a minuet

same here. But then... it comes back another day.

I'd love to make it go away and never come back.

jojoferari

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I had the problem several days in a row in early March. I did as I posted above two days in a row and the problem never came back... it has been 3 months.

yeoj1323

Reaction score
that is strange, i would say it may be a software problem, have you tried a sbf restore? all that happened to mine was a verizon rep had me re-seat the battery everything went fine from there on out

D

dsneakygirl

This happened to me as well and it was because I had voice privacy and HAC Mode (heading aid compatible) settings checked, once I unchecked those I was able to hear again.