Super Mario Run Is Now Available For Android!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ERlp5QdPfuJeiU0_O5knXjnyvsoraJ2vfR3AaORksQR5ml63zLtyPL-i_umCSudkng=w300-rw

Several months ago Nintendo released Super Mario Run to iPhone. The game was an instant hit receiving Millions of downloads. The game was free to download and you could actually play a few levels for free. Nintendo quickly found out that even though they were able to create enough buzz to get everyone to download the game only a small percentage were willing to unlock the rest of the game with the hefty in app fee.

Now after all the noise has died down we are finally seeing the game release to Android. The game is still free with the in app purchase. Since yesterday the game has already received nearly 100,000 downloads. Time will tell though if anyone will be willing to pay to unlock the rest of the game. I was pretty pumped about the game when it was first announced. I even registered to be notified once it was released. The notification came in yesterday and I was not the least bit interested in downloading the game. Was Nintendo too late to the game with Android?

via Play Store

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Really? You lost interest? I didn't even wait for the notification. I saw a headline that it was available, went to the Play Store, the banner said one more day left, I tapped that and had the install button, so I downloaded it right then and there.

I'm enjoying it so far. I want to play through what I can for free, but I really think I'm going to make the purchase of the full game. I like a fun little time waster game. I love Mario. So far, it seems like they've done a great job with it. The graphics and gameplay are great, imo.

If nothing else, I'll spring for the IAP just to do my small part to help show them there's money in bringing their titles to mobile. I want to see more Nintendo exclusive games. I'm not in the market for a Wii or a Switch, so this is the only way I may get a chance to play some of my favorite titles.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, good thing I did that whole preregister thing to get the notification it was out. Except I haven't even gotten it yet. What was the point?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Does the notify feature even work on Google Play? I went in and installed it last night. Said 2 days remaining.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've pre-registered for other games before. It doesn't seem to notify you at the very instant the game is available. Seems to be hit or miss & sometimes takes a day or two. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Reaction score
It would be awesome if this game even ran on my phone. Nexus 6P w/Pure Nexus rom installed unrooted. Nothing crazy modified at all and pretty barebones. The Nintendo splash screen shows up and then quits out. So now I have to wait longer zzzzzzzzz.....

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It would be awesome if this game even ran on my phone. Nexus 6P w/Pure Nexus rom installed unrooted. Nothing crazy modified at all and pretty barebones. The Nintendo splash screen shows up and then quits out. So now I have to wait longer zzzzzzzzz.....
Pure Nexus ROM is why.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Want more than red toads? want other characters and the ability to play any world without having to beat it.

Better cough up that 9.99

I can see unlocking the worlds for a fee, but more than red toads being behind a pay wall? Thanks nintendo.

Reaction score
Pure Nexus ROM is why.

Yeah, when I looked up reviews for my device only it was working on other Nexus 6Ps. So wait, is this just an issue with Pure Nexus in it not working correct with the game or is Nintendo that nuts over a modified system that even installing a custom rom messes it up. I mean I haven't even rooted it at all and Android Pay works straight up. Ah this sucks, oh well.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait, this game doesn't work on rooted devices?????

The Super Mario party ended before it even begun!!!

I'll just wait until the whole thing is available for download on the interwebz. $10 dollars for a game on my phone is a joke IMHO. At least make it .99 cents per level pack or something, like break it up a bit.

GOLD COINS DON'T GROW ON TREES NINTENDO.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Wait, this game doesn't work on rooted devices?????

The Super Mario party ended before it even begun!!!

I'll just wait until the whole thing is available for download on the interwebz. $10 dollars for a game on my phone is a joke IMHO. At least make it .99 cents per level pack or something, like break it up a bit.

GOLD COINS DON'T GROW ON TREES NINTENDO.
Where did you read it doesn't work on Rooted devices?