Super fast charging?

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I have an S8+ and an S6 Edge +, both can be fast charged with either a contactless charging pad or via the connector inserted in the charging port.
I wonder if both charging pad and connector were used simultaneously if charging would be even faster, or would I end up with an incendiary bomb?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I get a day, easily, out of a charge. It charges fully overnight.

Hope this helps.

OP
luddite

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I get a day, easily, out of a charge. It charges fully overnight.

Hope this helps.
Not really pertinent to the question.
Using fast charge with either pad or connector my S8+ charges fully from around 30% in around 1.5 hours.
The question was if both methods are used simultaneously would it charge faster or combust?

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Try it and get back to us! I seriously doubt it will work like you are thinking.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The micro chip that controls the little bomb, AKA the battery, in our devices carefully monitors the heat in said battery. At either phase of charging, maximum voltage or maximum amperage, both are being regulated by the heat generated in the battery pack. This is why on a hot day, with the battery temperature hovering at 110 to 115 degrees after a tour of YouTube, it charges at a snails pace. Personally I avoid wireless charging. The heat generated during charging just triggers my OCD.

OP
luddite

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
Try it and get back to us! I seriously doubt it will work like you are thinking.
Aha, I'm asking the question as I don't wish either of my phones to send up as sacrifices to the Samsung gods.

I thought that there may have been a braver soul than I and I could benefit from their experiences.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Aha, I'm asking the question as I don't wish either of my phones to send up as sacrifices to the Samsung gods.

I thought that there may have been a braver soul than I and I could benefit from their experiences.

so you are wanting others to blow up their phone to answer your question :p

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey all y'all...hold my beer and watch this...

Sent from my ZenPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: