Stuck...

Draken

Reaction score
SO i flashed the Theme Pure and i am stuck on boot boot logo... help please? i tried battery pull three times and nothing. still gets stuck on the M

scottish walleye

Reaction score
same issue....

As a result of Kernal update in liberty toolbox. Can't even boot into Clockwerk recovery. Just have a flashing Motorola symbol. that's it. I just received this replacement phone and now i have a paper weight. Screwed.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For OP: can you get to CW?
For second guy: sbf it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

scottish walleye

Reaction score
thank you.

I appreciate the response and am researching sbf as we speak. Anything you can tell me to make the process any easier??

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Linux is the best way to sbf. Quick easy and error free.
Windows uses RSDlite. Depending on which windows os u have, sometimes it takes some messing around.
Xda or mdw( can't remember whichone) made an iso with the linux shell and sbf all in one. That way is major easy.
Which are u familiar with?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bobAbooey

Reaction score
one last way to try before doing an sbf.

1. Power the phone completely down.

2. Connect it to a power source i.e computer or wall outlet.

3. You should see the charging screen after the boot logo (give it about 30 seconds to appear)

4.After you see the charging screen unplug the phone

5.The Phone should power off after it is unplugged.

6.Hold the power button and volume down at the same time until you see the boot logo.

7.As soon as you see the boot logo release the power button and continue holding volume down and you should be in clockwork mod recovery

this is a good guide.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...te-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html#post106307

Last edited:

scottish walleye

Reaction score

I downloaded the .sbf flash file from xda. I'm not sure how to go about using that but I assume I burn it to disk and then boot from it?

As far as recovery goes, I tried it and cannot boot into Clockwerk recovery.

I'm having a bear of a time with this but I'm sure I'll get it figured out. I sincerely appreciate you guys taking the time to give me info. I'm going to try a few things when I get home and see what happens.

Thanks again.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So you downloaded the "all-in-one" .iso?
If so, then just follow those instructions on xda. I haven't used it myself because I love linux and I flash probably 3 or 4 times a week on different devices.
From what I hear, you burn the iso to disc, restart PC to boot from cd, then run the commands in a terminal. The sbf and sbf_flash command are already on the disk then.

scottish walleye

Reaction score
thanks again

I used the RSD method and was able to get it flashed and re-rooted.

That was soooo much better than buying a phone at full price.