Stuck with Dead Battery and a Dead Flash

bennyt

Reaction score
Hoping someone can come up with something clever cause I'm in a sticky situation. Last night I was trying to flash an ICS rom to my D4 with the .215 leak and nothing was working. Anytime I flashed (even after multiple iterations and forms of clearing) I ended up with a black screen after the SafeStrap screen. I set my phone down and got distracted on my laptop and TV, and when I went back to my D4, it was dead..... I tried leaving it on the charger all night but it just boots to the black screen, even if I tried going to the SafeStrap menu.

Any ideas how I can get enough charge to disable my safeboot (or some other clever way to get up and running again)?

Carboi81

Reaction score
What I did is open battery cover, and peel sticker just a bit. Remove rubber gromet and see the two screws attaching battery ribbon. Stripped one of my moto usbs and twisted the red on the screw all the way to the right and then the black for the screw on the left. Let sit for a couple hours....

OP
B

bennyt

Reaction score
Thanks to another poster on another forum (I can't find the post again after formats), there's an easy solution:
- Be ready to hold both volume buttons down
- If phone doesn't power itself on (while holding both vol buttons), unplug and plug in the phone/press power button until phone starts up (again, while both vol buttons down)
- Vol down to "BP Tools", and select it by hitting the up vol button
- Voila! The phone begins charging with the beautiful battery animation!

HTH!

4low4fun

Reaction score
bennyt said:
Thanks to another poster on another forum (I can't find the post again after formats), there's an easy solution:
- Be ready to hold both volume buttons down
- If phone doesn't power itself on (while holding both vol buttons), unplug and plug in the phone/press power button until phone starts up (again, while both vol buttons down)
- Vol down to "BP Tools", and select it by hitting the up vol button
- Voila! The phone begins charging with the beautiful battery animation!

HTH!

Good to know!!!