1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by ragbayani, Nov 27, 2010.

1. ragbayani

ragbayani New Member

I just noticed a small green pixel on my screen when it was booting up. I downloaded a dead pixel tester and i saw it, but it's really small. I was wondering if i go to verizon will they see the pixel? Because you can only see it when it has a black screen.
  2. plutonium0587

plutonium0587 New Member

Yeah I have a dead pixel on mine on the very bottom of the screen. I decided to just live with it because it is so small and I don't really notice it unless I try to. I was afraid of getting a warranty replacement and getting a refurb phone with more problems than that... I don't have time to be up at the verizon store every couple of weeks getting a new one! I'm sure if you show them the app and pixel you could get a warranty replacement. Let me know what happens!
  3. Droid.DSM

Droid.DSM New Member

BEFORE YOU RETURN YOUR PHONE! search the android market! There should be an app that can fix a dead pixel if it isnt bad.. It will show a fuzzyness of colors and might help! i saw an option for fixing pixels on one of my flashlight apps so do some research!
  4. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

How are we supposed to know whether a VZW representative can see a dead pixel? They're people, not drones.
  5. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

You don't have to even go to the store. Call customer service, they'll transfer you to tech support.
    I don't recommend getting a warranty replacement, as I had to go through 4 just to get a usable phone. (D2)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  6. UrbanBounca

In that case, you don't even need to call VZW. You need to call Motorola, but you'll be out of your phone for 4-6 weeks.
  7. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

Ummmmmmm...nope.
    Verizon sends warranty replacement with 2-day delivery. Why on earth would you want to wait 4-6 weeks?
    You'll get the same quality phone (pre-owned) no matter who you call. For better or for worse.
  8. UrbanBounca

It doesn't take 4-6 weeks to ship it. :icon_rolleyes: That's typically how long it takes Motorola to actually fix them. I used to work with Motorola every single day, and I can assure you, it's not a fast process at all.

Also, Motorola doesn't typically do the exchange-type process as many other manufacturers, such as Microsoft with the Xbox.
  9. abhoward9

abhoward9 New Member

i would honestly be shocked if they replaced your phone for a single dead pixel. most things i've ever read about LCD screens say that up to 5 on a screen with a resolution like the D2 should be expected.
  10. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood New Member

Try downloading jScreen Fix from the market. It fixed two of my dead pixels.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  11. ragbayani

ragbayani New Member

I did all of that but not besides from the dead pixel the slider is wiggly at the top. I bought it at Costco so im going there to exchange it.
  12. Djay

Djay New Member

JscreeFix does work. you might have to leave it on for an hour but it actually does work. And if its colored its a stuck pixel not dead. so eventually they will unstick
Search tags for this page
android fix dead pixel
dead pixel android fix

dead pixel fix android

dead pixel fix for android
dead pixel fix on android

dead pixel fixer android

dead pixel fixer for android

fix dead pixel android

fix dead pixel on android

how to fix dead pixels droid

how to fix dead pixels on android