Dead Pixel

ragbayani

Reaction score
I just noticed a small green pixel on my screen when it was booting up. I downloaded a dead pixel tester and i saw it, but it's really small. I was wondering if i go to verizon will they see the pixel? Because you can only see it when it has a black screen.

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Yeah I have a dead pixel on mine on the very bottom of the screen. I decided to just live with it because it is so small and I don't really notice it unless I try to. I was afraid of getting a warranty replacement and getting a refurb phone with more problems than that... I don't have time to be up at the verizon store every couple of weeks getting a new one! I'm sure if you show them the app and pixel you could get a warranty replacement. Let me know what happens!

Droid.DSM

Reaction score
BEFORE YOU RETURN YOUR PHONE! search the android market! There should be an app that can fix a dead pixel if it isnt bad.. It will show a fuzzyness of colors and might help! i saw an option for fixing pixels on one of my flashlight apps so do some research!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How are we supposed to know whether a VZW representative can see a dead pixel? They're people, not drones.

devinhfox

Reaction score
You don't have to even go to the store. Call customer service, they'll transfer you to tech support.
I don't recommend getting a warranty replacement, as I had to go through 4 just to get a usable phone. (D2)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't have to even go to the store. Call customer service, they'll transfer you to tech support.
I don't recommend getting a warranty replacement, as I had to go through 4 just to get a usable phone. (D2)

In that case, you don't even need to call VZW. You need to call Motorola, but you'll be out of your phone for 4-6 weeks.

devinhfox

Reaction score

In that case, you don't even need to call VZW. You need to call Motorola, but you'll be out of your phone for 4-6 weeks.

Ummmmmmm...nope.
Verizon sends warranty replacement with 2-day delivery. Why on earth would you want to wait 4-6 weeks?
You'll get the same quality phone (pre-owned) no matter who you call. For better or for worse.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ummmmmmm...nope.
Verizon sends warranty replacement with 2-day delivery. Why on earth would you want to wait 4-6 weeks?
You'll get the same quality phone (pre-owned) no matter who you call. For better or for worse.

It doesn't take 4-6 weeks to ship it. :icon_rolleyes: That's typically how long it takes Motorola to actually fix them. I used to work with Motorola every single day, and I can assure you, it's not a fast process at all.

Also, Motorola doesn't typically do the exchange-type process as many other manufacturers, such as Microsoft with the Xbox.

abhoward9

Reaction score
i would honestly be shocked if they replaced your phone for a single dead pixel. most things i've ever read about LCD screens say that up to 5 on a screen with a resolution like the D2 should be expected.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
Try downloading jScreen Fix from the market. It fixed two of my dead pixels.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R

ragbayani

Reaction score
I did all of that but not besides from the dead pixel the slider is wiggly at the top. I bought it at Costco so im going there to exchange it.

Djay

Reaction score
JscreeFix does work. you might have to leave it on for an hour but it actually does work. And if its colored its a stuck pixel not dead. so eventually they will unstick